Blast Record Fifth Straight Victory with 7-1 Win over Orlando SeaWolves
Baltimore, MD - The Blast record their fourteenth victory of the season with a 7-1 victory over the Orlando SeaWolves.
The Blast started off the game on the front foot as Adriano Dos Santos rolled the ball over to Tony Donatelli, who finished the goal to make it 1-0 Blast. Despite being outshot by the Seawolves eleven to four, the Blast held the lead for the rest of the quarter. Donatelli's goal would be the difference as both teams headed into the second quarter.
Juan Galvis would tally his first Blast goal, as he received a cross from Tony Donatelli to extend the Blast's lead 2-0. Minutes later, Jonatas Melo would lay a pass off to Elton de Olveira, who fired the shot past the Orlando goalkeeper to make the score 3-0. Shortly after, Osvaldo Rojas would receive a pass from Thiago Freitas, and blast the ball past Vanzela to cut the Blast lead to 3-1.Both teams would remain scoreless the rest of the quarter as the Blast went into halftime with a 3-1 lead. William Vanzela totaled a staggering sixteen saves in the first half.
Vini Dantas would open the second half with a goal of the season contender. Dantas shot the ball on a first -time turnaround volley into an empty net to make the Blast lead 4-1. Jereme Raley would add to his goal total this season with his second goal of the season to give the Blast a 5-1 lead midway through the third quarter. The Blast would head into the third quarter break with a 5-1 lead.
Early in the fourth quarter, Jereme Raley put home the rebound from Tony Donatelli's shot for his second goal of the game and sixth for the Blast. The Orlando SeaWolves brought on their sixth attacker with six minutes remaining in the fourth quarter. Tony Donatelli would collect his eleventh goal of the season midway through the fourth quarter to wrap up a 7-1 Blast victory.
Adriano Dos Santos led the Blast in scoring with four points off one goal and three assists. Jereme Raley collected twenty-five saves in one of his best performances in a Blast jersey. The Blast remain tied for the Eastern Division lead with Utica City FC. The Blast play their final regular season home game versus the Mississauga Metrostars Sunday March 24th at 3:00 p.m.
MASL Match Report March 22, 2019
Baltimore Blast vs. Orlando SeaWolves
Venue: SECU Arena
Kickoff: 7:30 p.m. EST
Quarter 1 2 3 4 F
Baltimore 1 2 2 2 7
Orlando 0 1 0 0 1
Images from this story
Mike Deasel of the Baltimore Blast (right) vs. the Orlando SeaWolves
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from March 22, 2019
- MetroStars Close Home Portion of Regular Season Schedule with Loss to Utica City FC - Mississauga MetroStars
- Blast Record Fifth Straight Victory with 7-1 Win over Orlando SeaWolves - Baltimore Blast
- Utica City Powered by Man-Advantage - Utica City FC
- Wave Ready for Florida Tropics Saturday - Milwaukee Wave
- Tropics on the Road to Take on Division-Leading Milwaukee Wave - Florida Tropics SC
- St. Louis Ambush Clash with KC Comets on the Road Saturday - St. Louis Ambush
- Utica City FC Announces Eastern Division Championship Dates - Utica City FC
- Game Preview 3/23 - Harrisburg Heat vs. Orlando Sea Wolves - Harrisburg Heat
- MASL Announces Eastern Division Championship Schedule - MASL
- Baltimore Blast Announce Playoff Game - Baltimore Blast
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Baltimore Blast Stories
- Blast Advance to Eastern Conference Finals with 7-3 & 2-1 Victories over Utica City FC
- Blast Beaten by Utica City 12-9 in Game One
- Baltimore Blast - Utica City Game Preview
- Baltimore Blast Announce Extension with Towson University
- Blast End Regular Season with 4-2 Victory over Tropics