Utica City Powered by Man-Advantage
MISSISSAGUA, Ont. - Three consecutive power-play goals propel Utica City FC to a 6-1 win over the Missassagua MetroStars at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre Friday night.
In a cagey opening frame, Mohamed Kenawy opened the scoring for the away side with a lone tally in the first quarter.
Utica City extended their lead with the man-advantage as they took control of the contest. First, Freddy Moojen registered his fourth goal in a blue and white shirt on the man-advantage. Then defense turned to offense for the Boys in Blue when defenders Darren Toby and Jake Schindler added a power-play strike each to give Utica a decisive 4-0 lead as the second quarter came to a close.
Utica out-shot the MetroStars 18-9 in the opening half.
Nate Bourdeau netted two goals in the second half, and goalkeeper Andrew Coughlin held firm ending the game with 11 saves.
Utica City returns to the turf on Sunday to take on the Harrisburg Heat. Kick-off against Harrisburg is at 5:05 pm at the PA Farm Show Arena.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from March 22, 2019
- MetroStars Close Home Portion of Regular Season Schedule with Loss to Utica City FC - Mississauga MetroStars
- Blast Record Fifth Straight Victory with 7-1 Win over Orlando SeaWolves - Baltimore Blast
- Utica City Powered by Man-Advantage - Utica City FC
- Wave Ready for Florida Tropics Saturday - Milwaukee Wave
- Tropics on the Road to Take on Division-Leading Milwaukee Wave - Florida Tropics SC
- St. Louis Ambush Clash with KC Comets on the Road Saturday - St. Louis Ambush
- Utica City FC Announces Eastern Division Championship Dates - Utica City FC
- Game Preview 3/23 - Harrisburg Heat vs. Orlando Sea Wolves - Harrisburg Heat
- MASL Announces Eastern Division Championship Schedule - MASL
- Baltimore Blast Announce Playoff Game - Baltimore Blast
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.