Tropics on the Road to Take on Division-Leading Milwaukee Wave
LAKELAND, Fla - The Florida Tropics will once again look to win back-to-back games for the first time this season when they travel to UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena for a Saturday night showdown with the Milwaukee Wave.
The Tropics, 6-14, come in off one of their best games of the season, a 12-8 win over the Kansas City Comets, highlighted by a franchise-record five goals by Ricardo Diegues. Milwaukee, 17-3, has already clinched first place in the South Central Division, while KC, 10-10, currently sits in second.
Diegues, who also has three four-goal games in Florida's three-year history, earned All MASL Sporturf Team of the Week honors for his big game, the third time this season the Tropics have had a player so honored. Guilherme, out since mid-January with an injury, and Victor Parreiras both were All MASL team picks in Week 5.
Diegues now has 22 goals in 17 games and is tied for the team lead in overall points (26) with Victor Parreiras (14 goals and 12 assists). The two are playing together for their eighth season of soccer, going back to being collegiate teammates at UT-Brownsville.
Ian Bennett and Max Ferdinand continue to set the offensive pace for Milwaukee, which is the longest continuously operated professional soccer team in the country, having first taken to the indoor pitch in 1984. Bennett is second in the MASL in goals with 36, an Ferdinand is tied for second in the league in assists with 25.
Kickoff is set for 7:05 p.m. (EDT). The game will be broadcast live at www.masl.tv. Florida will return to the RP Funding Center in Lakeland on Saturday, March 30, for their next to last home game of the 2018-19 season when they host the Kansas City Comets. The Tropics will host the defending three-time defending MASL champion Baltimore Blast on April 6, and close out the year with a road game in Orlando on April 13. For more information, visit www.fltropics.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from March 22, 2019
- MetroStars Close Home Portion of Regular Season Schedule with Loss to Utica City FC - Mississauga MetroStars
- Blast Record Fifth Straight Victory with 7-1 Win over Orlando SeaWolves - Baltimore Blast
- Utica City Powered by Man-Advantage - Utica City FC
- Wave Ready for Florida Tropics Saturday - Milwaukee Wave
- Tropics on the Road to Take on Division-Leading Milwaukee Wave - Florida Tropics SC
- St. Louis Ambush Clash with KC Comets on the Road Saturday - St. Louis Ambush
- Utica City FC Announces Eastern Division Championship Dates - Utica City FC
- Game Preview 3/23 - Harrisburg Heat vs. Orlando Sea Wolves - Harrisburg Heat
- MASL Announces Eastern Division Championship Schedule - MASL
- Baltimore Blast Announce Playoff Game - Baltimore Blast
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Tropics SC Stories
- Tropics Close Third Season in MASL with 6-4 Road Loss to Rival SeaWolves
- Record Crowd Can't Root Home Tropics to Win as Blast Take 4-2 Triumph
- Home Season Finale Saturday as Three-Time Defending MASL Champ Baltimore Blast Visits
- Tropics Can't Erase Four-Goal Deficit as Comets Roll to 6-2 Win
- Tropics Hope to Repeat Success of Last Home Start as KC Comets Visit Lakeland Saturday