Blast Lose to Tropics 7-6
Baltimore, MD - The Blast returned home to a sold out SECU Arena for the first time in 2020 to take on the Florida Tropics. In front of 3,744 fans out for Star Wars night, the Blast lost to the Tropics 7-6.
The game got off to a fast start with both teams coming out physical. The Blast would strike first with a goal from Mohamed N'diaye assisted by Jamie Thomas. Florida would answer with a goal from Zach Reget. At the 6:20 mark, Daniel Peruzzi was able to find the back of the net for his fourth goal of the season. Before the end of the period, Vini Dantas was able to convert on the power play with a goal assisted by Tony Donatelli. William Vanzela had a fantastic opening quarter making four saves. At the end of the first, the Blast led 3-1.
The Florida offense took control of the game in the second quarter. Lucas Montelares, Matt Clare, and Lucio Gonzaga recorded back to back to back goals to give the Tropics their first lead of the game. With a minute left, the Blast were able to find their only goal of the quarter from Adriano Dos Santos. The teams went into the locker rooms tied at four.
The Blast defense controlled the third quarter keeping the Tropics scoreless while the offense was able to recapture the lead. Jamie Thomas set up Juan Pereira beautifully for a goal at the 5:56 mark. Daniel Peruzzi then recorded his second goal of the evening and going into the final quarter the Blast led 6-4.
In the fourth quarter, the Tropics offense found its rhythm again. Zach Reget and Matt Clare recorded goals to send the game to overtime tied at six.
In overtime, the Blast had their chances but Florida was able to score first. At the 5:34 mark, Ricardo Carvalho recorded the game winning goal for the Tropics. At the final buzzer, the Blast lost 7-6.
Daniel Peruzzi (two goals) and Jamie Thomas (two assists) led the Blast offense. William Vanzela recorded 17 saves in net.
The Blast host Soles de Sonora on Monday, January 20th in a rematch of the 2016 MASL Championship. Kickoff is at 2:05 p.m. EST from the SECU Arena. Tickets are on sale now through the Blast office or TicketMaster.
MASL Match Report January 4, 2020
Florida Tropics @ Baltimore Blast: SECU Arena
Kickoff: 6:00 p.m. ET
Quarter 1 2 3 4 OT F
Florida 1 3 0 2 1 7
Baltimore 3 1 2 0 0 6
Images from this story
Adriano Dos Santos of the Baltimore Blast (left) vs. the Florida Tropics
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from January 4, 2020
- Mesquite Outlaws Lose Nail-Biter to Tacoma Stars, 5-8 - Mesquite Outlaws
- Wave Dominates Rival Comets Saturday Night in Kansas City; Bennett and Bradley Both Score Hat Tricks - Milwaukee Wave
- Stars Outshine Outlaws 8-5 in Mesquite - Tacoma Stars
- Milwaukee Pulls Away Late to Fell Comets - Kansas City Comets
- Carvalho Converts in OT as Tropics Three-Goal Rally Stuns Blast in Overtime, 7-6 - Florida Tropics SC
- Blast Lose to Tropics 7-6 - Baltimore Blast
- Texas Two Step Begins Tonight in Mesquite - Tacoma Stars
- Game Notes for Sidekicks vs Stars - Dallas Sidekicks
- St. Louis Ambush Obtain Veteran Defender Jonatan Santos - St. Louis Ambush
- Mesquite Outlaws Win Third Straight Matchup against Dallas Sidekicks - Mesquite Outlaws
- Lancers Will Feel the Heat Again vs. Harrisburg at the Dome Arena Saturday Night - Rochester Lancers
- Soles de Sonora Tops St. Louis Ambush - St. Louis Ambush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.