Wave Dominates Rival Comets Saturday Night in Kansas City; Bennett and Bradley Both Score Hat Tricks
The 7-Time Champion Milwaukee Wave took care of business in Kansas City Saturday night defeating the rival Comets at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena.
Final Score: Milwaukee Wave 8, Kansas City Comets 3
"It was touch and go there for a little bit," said Milwaukee Wave Head Coach Giuliano Oliviero "We played very well defensively. Offensively, it took us a little time to get going but we really turned it up in the second half."
Period Time Strength Team Scorer (Assists) Total
1st 06:01 PP Milwaukee Luan Oliveira (Max Ferdinand) 0 - 1 Wave
2nd 01:14 ES Kansas City Leo Gibson 1 - 1 Tie
2nd 02:05 ES Milwaukee Alex Bradley (Mario Alvarez) 1 - 2 Wave
3rd 01:20 PP Milwaukee Ian Bennett (Marcio Leite) 1 - 3 Wave
3rd 02:36 ES Kansas City Stefan Stokic (Robert Palmer) 2 - 3 Wave
4th 04:19 ES Milwaukee Alex Bradley (Marcio Leite) 2 - 4 Wave
4th 05:37 ES Milwaukee Alex Bradley (Hans Denissen) 2 - 5 Wave
4th 08:24 ES/6A Milwaukee Ian Bennett (Luan Oliveira) 2 - 6 Wave
4th 12:27 ES/6A Kansas City Leo Gibson 3 - 6 Wave
4th 14:21 ES/6A Milwaukee Ian Bennett (Angel Curiel) 3 - 7 Wave
4th 14:49 ES/6A Milwaukee Isaac Pereyra (Luan Oliveira) 3 - 8 Wave
Milwaukee Wave midfielder #8 Luan Oliveira extended his goal scoring streak on the season to five games in a row after putting the ball in the back of the net for the first goal of the game.
#8 Luan Oliveira Goal
Milwaukee Wave Forward #26 Ian Bennett and midfielder #14 Alex Bradley both scored hat tricks on the night as well.
"It really comes down to executing our opportunities and we did that well in the 4th quarter," added Oliviero. "To see Ian and Alex have some success tonight is great. We're in this pattern of someone different stepping up at the right time on any given night. We have some good depth on this team."
#14 Alex Bradley Goal
The Milwaukee Wave head back to Wisconsin and will prepare for the St. Louis Ambush on Saturday, January 12th at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena. Doors open at 12:07pm, kickoff at 1:07pm.
"St. Louis is going to get after it and I'm sure it will be another intense match up with all the former Wave players on that team," said Oliviero. "We know it's not going to be easy but we'll be ready."
Get tickets and more information at MilwaukeeWave.com ###
NEXT HOME GAME: Sunday, January 12th, 2020 - 1:07pm vs St. Louis Ambush.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from January 4, 2020
- Mesquite Outlaws Lose Nail-Biter to Tacoma Stars, 5-8 - Mesquite Outlaws
- Wave Dominates Rival Comets Saturday Night in Kansas City; Bennett and Bradley Both Score Hat Tricks - Milwaukee Wave
- Stars Outshine Outlaws 8-5 in Mesquite - Tacoma Stars
- Milwaukee Pulls Away Late to Fell Comets - Kansas City Comets
- Carvalho Converts in OT as Tropics Three-Goal Rally Stuns Blast in Overtime, 7-6 - Florida Tropics SC
- Blast Lose to Tropics 7-6 - Baltimore Blast
- Texas Two Step Begins Tonight in Mesquite - Tacoma Stars
- Game Notes for Sidekicks vs Stars - Dallas Sidekicks
- St. Louis Ambush Obtain Veteran Defender Jonatan Santos - St. Louis Ambush
- Mesquite Outlaws Win Third Straight Matchup against Dallas Sidekicks - Mesquite Outlaws
- Lancers Will Feel the Heat Again vs. Harrisburg at the Dome Arena Saturday Night - Rochester Lancers
- Soles de Sonora Tops St. Louis Ambush - St. Louis Ambush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Milwaukee Wave Stories
- Washington County FC Joins ROC Ventures SC Wave Family
- Pereyra Pummels Orlando SeaWolves with Seven Point Game; Wave Win 12-6
- Wave Defeat Seawovles in Game One of Douleheader
- Back to Back Home Games for Milwaukee Wave this Weekend
- California Not Kind to Wave over the Weekend; Lose Second Straight Game Sunday Night