Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Rochester (7:05 p.m.)
August 28, 2019 | 7:05 p.m. ET | Sahlen Field | Buffalo, NY| Game # 135| Home Game # 69
BUFFALO BISONS (69-65, 3rd, -3.0 North) vs. ROCHESTER RED WINGS (66-68, 4th, -6.0 North)
RHP Sean Reid-Foley (3-4, 6.26) vs. RHP Preston Guilmet (2-6, 4.81)
Radio: ESPN 1520 AM, TuneIn App, Bisons.com TV: MiLB.tv
Tonight the Bisons continue with their final regular season homestand, hosting the Rochester Red Wings for game three of a four-game series. Following Thursday's finale, the Herd will hit the road for the final road trip of the 2019 season. Buffalo will take on the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders for a four-game series that concludes on Labor Day. The Herd is still trying to run down Scranton in the IL North divisional race.
Last Game: BUF 5 ROC 3
Buffalo took the lead early in the game, scoring two runs in the fourth inning including OF Socrates Brito's solo shot for his 15th home run of the season. The Bisons would hold onto the lead throughout the game and were able to secure the win even after a three-run ninth inning scare from the Red Wings. LHP Anthony Kay earned his first home win with Buffalo and his third quality start of the season without allowing any runs, while striking out five Rochester batters through 6.2 IP.
Rochester Red Wings (8-6)
Buffalo and Rochester are meeting for the final time this season, after splitting a four-game series last week in the Flower City. This is the Red Wings' second trip to Downtown Buffalo this season, after trading wins on July 29 and 30.
RHP Sean Reid-Foley makes his first start with Buffalo since 7/28 after being optioned from Toronto on 8/21. Reid-Foley holds a 3-4 record in Triple-A as well as going 2-4 while with Toronto. His last start came while in Los Angeles, taking on the Dodgers, where he threw just 1.2 innings, allowing five earned runs and giving up two home runs. He will look to get back on track tonight against the Red Wings, a team who he is 2-0 against in 2019.
INF Santiago Espinal continued to produce last night, finishing the game 1-4 with three RBIs. Espinal launced his second Triple-A home run with two men on in the sixth inning. He now has 12 RBI in just 22 games with Buffalo this year.
LHP Anthony Kay logged another quality start, his third, yesterday as he threw 6.2 innings, giving up five hits and two walks, but no runs allowed. It was his first home win of the year with Buffalo and brings his ERA to 4.18 after being included in a trade in late July that sent Marcus Stroman to the New York Mets.
IL North Standings
The Bisons remain in third place in the IL North race even after yesterday's win. Syracuse dropped their game to Lehigh Valley, putting them one game behind Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. Buffalo's elimination number is down to four with six games remaining, including the final four against the RailRiders at PNC Field.
Toronto (54-80) beat the visiting Atlanta Braves yesterday 3-1. Vladimir Guerrero Jr. had his 30th multi-hit game of the year for him as well as his 58th RBI of the season Justin Smoak secured the win with his 20th home run of the season in the seventh inning. Game two of the series is tonight at 7:07 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 28, 2019
- Wings Trounce Bisons 10-2 Wednesday - Rochester Red Wings
- Stripers Clinch Playoff Spot with 14-8 Rout of Norfolk - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bisons Fall to Rochester, 10-2, in Second-To-Last Home Game - Buffalo Bisons
- Knights Drop Home Finale to Bulls 3-2 - Charlotte Knights
- Bats Slug Their Way to History and Collect Fourth Straight Win, 9-5 - Louisville Bats
- Mets Blast IronPigs, 8-3, on Wednesday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Mets lineup shows its case in win over IronPigs - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Indy Pounds 11 Hits, Drops Toledo 7-4 to Win Season Series - Indianapolis Indians
- Mahtook Ups Home Run Total in Loss - Toledo Mud Hens
- Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Pawtucket Postponed - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- LHP Lewis Thorpe optioned by Minnesota - Rochester Red Wings
- Bulls Host Final Four Games Labor Day Weekend - Durham Bulls
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Rochester (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (64-70) vs. Toledo Mud Hens (64-70) - Indianapolis Indians
- Red Wings Homestand Highlights - Rochester Red Wings
- Fan Appreciation Day Is Monday - Rochester Red Wings
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Wings Lose in Buffalo, 5-3, Tuesday - Rochester Red Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Bisons Put Ticket Packages on Sale for 2022 Season
- Bisons' Game Day Suites, Group Party Areas Now on Sale for 2022 Season
- Free Admission to Open House Event Saturday, October 23 at Sahlen Field
- Bisons OF Gregory Polanco Named Triple-A East Player of the Month
- Bisons Candaele, Smith Given Post-Season Honors