Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Durham (1:05 p.m.)
August 18, 2019 | 1:05 p.m. ET | Sahlen Field | Buffalo, NY| Game # 125| Home Game # 63
BUFFALO BISONS (64-60, 2nd, -1.0 North) vs. DURHAM BULLS (68-56, T-2nd, -4.5 South)
RHP Conor Fisk (5-6, 4.90) vs RHP Jose De Leon (2-1, 3.65)
Radio: ESPN 1520 AM, TuneIn App, Bisons.com TV: MiLB.tv
This afternoon, the Bisons take on the Durham Bulls for the final game of a three-game weekend series at Sahlen Field. This will complete Buffalo's six-game homestand after taking two of three from Toledo this week. Following their meeting with Durham, the Herd heads down the I-90 for a four-game series with the Rochester Red Wings.
Last Game: BUF 9, DUR 2
Both the offense and pitching were on point once again on Saturday for the Herd. INF Andy Burns finished the game crossing the plate four times including two from home runs. LHP Matt Dermody, RHP Bryan Baker and RHP Ty Tice combined to allow just two base runners, both coming off hits allowed in 3.1 innings.
Durham Bulls (3-2)
Buffalo and Durham are meeting for the second time in the 2019 season, the first time at Sahlen Field. The teams met last month, 7/26-7/28, where the Bulls took two out of three games from the Herd. This meeting will complete their cross-division season series.
RHP Conor Fisk looks to continue his success as of late on Sunday. In his last start on August 13, Fisk allowed just one earned run over six innings of work, including four perfect innings to begin the ball game. The righty has posted a 2.45 ERA over his last four starts in 22.0 IP (6 ER), allowing just five walks to 24 strikeouts.
RHP Brock Stewart earned the win in his first start with the Bisons. The righty allowed both Durham runs in 5.2 IP, giving up just six hits and three walks while striking out two. Before being optioned, Stewart picked up wins in both outings with Toronto.
INF Andy Burns scored four of the night runs on Saturday. The infielder also crushed two home runs, one in the fourth and the other coming in the sixth. Burns finished the game going 3-3, with a walk and three RBI in addition to his pair of homers and four runs scored.
Following the Bisons win Saturday, the Gwinnett Stripers once again came out victorious in wild fashion over the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders. Down two in the 11th, Gwinnett plated three runs to earn the win that saw seven runs come across to score in the two extra innings played in the contest, that now puts Buffalo just one game behind the RailRiders in the IL North division.
Toronto (52-73) dropped Saturday's contest against the Seattle Mariners, 4-3. SS Bo Bichette and C Reese McGuire both hit solo shots in the defeat. RHP Wilmer Font will face LHP Yusei Kikuchi in the series finale at Rogers Centre at 1:07 p.m. The Jays will be off Monday before facing the Dodgers in Chavez Ravine for three.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 18, 2019
- Pitching, Power Lead Knights Past Clippers 8-2 - Charlotte Knights
- Tribe Walk-Off After Five-Run Comeback - Indianapolis Indians
- Wings Slam Bats Sunday - Rochester Red Wings
- Kivlehan Homers Twice, But Herd Falls, 10-7 - Buffalo Bisons
- Indians hit walk-off single in 10th - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Triple-A career-day for INF Mandy Alvarez as 5 RBI paces RailRiders offense - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Stripers Allow 16 Hits in 9-3 Loss to Scranton - Gwinnett Stripers
- Cameron Hits Game-Winning Home Run - Toledo Mud Hens
- Mets Sweep Tides, 9-5, for Fifth Straight Win - Syracuse Mets
- Bats Take Lead Early But Fall to Red Wings, 12-1 - Louisville Bats
- Mud Hens Come from Behind to Take Series Finale - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Outfielder Forrest Wall Promoted to Bisons - Buffalo Bisons
- Louisville Bats Notes - Louisville Bats
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (60-64) vs. Lehigh Valley IronPigs (60-63) - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Durham (1:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Blue Jays Add Former World Series Champ in Rzepczynski
- Save the Date: Bisons Family Day Open House Set for Saturday, March 21
- Blue Jays Add Veteran Petricka with Minor League Deal
- Pearson, Snead, Tice Among Seven 2019 Bisons Invited to Blue Jays Camp.
- 'Season Starter' Pack Includes Opening Day, 75% in Savings