Indians hit walk-off single in 10th
(Indianapolis, IN) - The Indianapolis Indians (61-64) rallied back late to defeat the Lehigh Valley IronPigs (60-64) 8-7 in 10 innings on Sunday afternoon. Christian Kelley hit a walk-off RBI single against Tyler Gilbert in the 10th inning to score Will Craig to win the game.
The IronPigs jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the top of the first inning against James Marvel. Phil Gosselin scored on a sacrifice fly hit by Ali Castillo and Austin Listi hit a two-run double that scored Nick Williams and Andrew Romine.
The lead was extended to 5-0 in the top of the third inning as Listi hit a two-run home run off Marvel. The home run for Listi was his tenth of the season.
Indianapolis got a run against Damon Jones in the bottom of the fourth inning to cut the Pigs lead to 5-1. Trayvon Robinson walked with the bases loaded to score Jake Elmore. Jones left the game after four innings and did not give up a hit. Austin Davis issued a walk to Will Craig with the bases loaded in the bottom of the fifth inning that scored JB Shuck and put the Pigs to just a three-run lead at 5-2.
Lehigh Valley would take a 7-2 lead in the top of the sixth inning against Luis Escobar. Gosselin hit an RBI triple and Castillo hit an RBI double. Nick Vincent pitched two scoreless innings before JD Hammer started the bottom of the ninth inning.
Hammer allowed one run and left the bases loaded with one out in the inning before Connor Brogdon entered the game to pitch. After a wild pitch that allowed another run, Ke'Bryan Hayes hit a three-run home run to tie the game at 7-7.
The IronPigs return to Coca-Cola Park to begin their final homestand of the 2019 season. First pitch against the Syracuse Mets is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
The 2019 IronPigs season is the team's 12th as the top affiliate for the Philadelphia Phillies and 12th at Coca-Cola Park. Follow the IronPigs on Twitter at @IronPigs and like them on Facebook via www.facebook.com/LHVIronPigs.
The 2019 IronPigs season is presented by Capital BlueCross.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 18, 2019
- Pitching, Power Lead Knights Past Clippers 8-2 - Charlotte Knights
- Tribe Walk-Off After Five-Run Comeback - Indianapolis Indians
- Wings Slam Bats Sunday - Rochester Red Wings
- Kivlehan Homers Twice, But Herd Falls, 10-7 - Buffalo Bisons
- Indians hit walk-off single in 10th - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Triple-A career-day for INF Mandy Alvarez as 5 RBI paces RailRiders offense - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Stripers Allow 16 Hits in 9-3 Loss to Scranton - Gwinnett Stripers
- Cameron Hits Game-Winning Home Run - Toledo Mud Hens
- Mets Sweep Tides, 9-5, for Fifth Straight Win - Syracuse Mets
- Bats Take Lead Early But Fall to Red Wings, 12-1 - Louisville Bats
- Mud Hens Come from Behind to Take Series Finale - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Outfielder Forrest Wall Promoted to Bisons - Buffalo Bisons
- Louisville Bats Notes - Louisville Bats
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (60-64) vs. Lehigh Valley IronPigs (60-63) - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Durham (1:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley IronPigs Stories
- Service Electric Network to Televise Phillies Taxi Squad Games
- Lehigh Valley IronPigs 2020 Season Is Canceled
- #HopeningDay to Feature Virtual Baseball Telecast
- 'All Abilities' Night Features Sign Language Jersey Auction
- Pig Day Celebration to be Held Friday, March 6