Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (1:05 p.m.)
September 1, 2019 | 1:05 p.m. ET | PNC Field | Moosic, PA| Game # 139| Road Game # 69
BUFFALO BISONS (70-68, T-3rd, -4.0 North) at SCRANTON/WILKES-BARRE RAILRIDERS (74-64, 1st, +1.0 North)
LHP Anthony Kay (3-4, 4.18) vs. RHP Luis Severino (MLB Rehab)
Radio: ESPN 1520 AM, TuneIn App, Bisons.com TV: MiLB.tv
This afternoon, the Bisons take on the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders in the third game of a four game set to close out the 2019 season.
Last Game: BUF 4, SWB 9
The Bisons plated three runs in the third inning and later added a run in the fifth, but it was not enough to get past Scranton/Wilkes-Barre in the final night game of the season. Bisons MVP OF Socrates Brito brought in a pair with a two-out triple and INF Richard Urena cashed in Brito. OF Jonathan Davis singled in the Herd's final run, bringing home OF Roemon Fields, who tripled.
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (7-12)
Buffalo and Scranton/Wilkes-Barre are meeting one last time in 2019 for the sixth overall series of the year. The last time these two IL North rivals met was June 26-28 in Moosic.
LHP Anthony Kay will look to continue his recent success in one final Triple-A start this afternoon. In his last five starts, Kay has a 1.89 ERA in 28.2 innings, striking out 33 and holding batters to a .175 AVG.
Year In Review
With just two games remaining on the schedule for Buffalo, it has been quite an eventful year for the Herd. The following are just a few statistical records from the Bisons 2019 Season:
T.J. Zeuch No-Hitter
On August 19, RHP T.J. Zeuch became just the second Bisons pitcher to throw a No-Hitter since 1985. Zeuch, who allowed just one walk and hit a batter, joined RHP Bartolo Colon as the only pair to not allow a hit in a game in the Modern Era. Colon achieved his "no-no' on June 20, 1997 against New Orleans.
In Buffalo's 20-win month of June, RHP Zach Jackson posted a 0.48 ERA in 11 appearances (18.2 IP). Jackson also earned two wins in the month, eventually giving him a total of nine on the season. His nine wins are the most by a Bisons reliever since RHP Jack Cressend went 10-1 in 2004.
INF Patrick Kivlehan became the 11th Bisons player to hit 25 home runs in a season and first since DH Mauro Gomez, who hit 29 in 2013. In addition, Kivlehan is tied with C Alex Jackson (GWN) for five multi-home run games in the IL. The pair trail only 1B Brian O'Grady, 6 (LOU) and 1B Bobby Bradley, 7 (COL). The 25 longballs are also the most Kivlehan has hit with one team in his entire eight-year professional career, surpassing the 22 he hit with Triple-A Tacoma in 2015.
Toronto (55-82) used a pair of home runs from OF Teoscar Hernandez and UTL Cavan Biggio to beat the Astros 6-4 on Saturday afternoon. RHP Ken Giles earned his 18th save of the season and lowered his ERA to 1.67 while former-Bison RHP Jordan Romano fanned a pair in the eighth in his seventh Major League game.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from September 1, 2019
- Syracuse Keeps Playoff Hope Alive with 7-3 Win against Rochester - Syracuse Mets
- Wings Out-"Hustled" by Mets - Rochester Red Wings
- Hays Spearheads Tides Offense in 11-2 Victory - Norfolk Tides
- Louisville's Bats Too Much for Indians in 8-2 Loss - Indianapolis Indians
- Knights Fall to Tides 11-2 on Sunday - Charlotte Knights
- Mashers Crush Indians, 8-2 - Louisville Bats
- Mud Hens Shutout at Home to Division Rival - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bulls Clinch Playoff Spot with Win Monday Afternoon - Durham Bulls
- Slegers Leads Bulls to Crucial Victory - Durham Bulls
- Stripers Stifled by Slegers, Durham in 3-1 Loss - Gwinnett Stripers
- Scranton/Wilkes-Barre outlasts Buffalo in a game that features 27 runs, 27 hits and 41 baserunners - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bisons Fall 15-12 in Slugfest to RailRiders - Buffalo Bisons
- Straily Stymies PawSox on Sunday Afternoon - Pawtucket Red Sox
- IronPigs snag series win against PawSox - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Game Notes: Indianapolis Indians (65-73) at Louisville Bats (58-80) - Louisville Bats
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (65-73) at Louisville Bats (58-80) - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Louisville Mashers/Bats Homestand Notes: September 1 & 2 - Louisville Bats
- Encarnacion and Severino Join SWB on MLB Rehab - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (1:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Malacaro Joins Blue Jays Minor League Announcers in 'Around the Nest'
- Buffalo Bisons Charitable Foundation Donates $20,000 to City of Buffalo's COVID-19 Initiatives
- Mayor Byron Brown Thanks the Buffalo Bisons Charitable Foundation for Supporting Community During COVID-19 Crisis
- Bisons Mother's Day Sale Includes 25% OFF
- May 31st Micah Hyde Charity Softball Game at Sahlen Field Postponed