Big Homers Snap Skid
With the team riding a nine game losing streak, Burlington needed something good to happen as they opened a three game set against the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Wednesday night. That something was Francisco Del Valle.
Leading off the fourth inning, the lefty stroked his eighth home run of the year on the first pitch he saw. That shot to right brought the Bees to within two at 3-1.
That is how remained until the home seventh. Alvaro Rubalcaba led off with a walk. Livan Soto followed with a single to right center, pushing Rubalcaba to third. Kevin Maitan was hit by a pitch, loading the bases. A Nonie Williams sacrifice fly made it 3-2. Del Valle stepped in, worked the count to 2-2 then drove a sinking liner to deep right , which just cleared the fence left of the Community Field scoreboard. That made it 5-3.
Eduardo Del Rosario came on to throw the eighth and ninth. He recorded consecutive 1-2-3 innings to earn a save, and make sure Del Valle's efforts did not go to waste. The losing streak was over as the Bees won it 5-3.
Del Valle added a double on the night to make it a 3-4 evening. Livan Soto also had three hits. He scored once.
The two teams meet again on Thursday. Game time is 6:30.
Images from this story
Francisco Del Valle homers for the Burlington Bees
(Bees Media Relations)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 7, 2019
- Abrams Shines as TinCaps Win - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Debut of Treasure Hunters Results in 4-3 Victory - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Big Homers Snap Skid - Burlington Bees
- Lugnuts Take Opener from Error-Prone Cubs - Lansing Lugnuts
- Burdick Bashes in LumberKings 6th straight Loss - Clinton LumberKings
- Whitecaps Add Riley Greene - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Rattlers Let One Get Away In Burlington - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Beloit Wins to Take One Step Closer to Playoffs - Beloit Snappers
- Kristian Robinson Arrives, Thrives in Cougars Win - Kane County Cougars
- Hometown Smith Goes 4-For-4 in Loss at Great Lakes - Lake County Captains
- Diaz Homers in Chiefs Loss - Peoria Chiefs
- Dragons Fall in Road Trip Opener, 5-1 at Fort Wayne - Dayton Dragons
- Cougars Hold off Kernels in Series Opener - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Camels Conquer Captains - Great Lakes Loons
- Witherspoon Homers in 3-1 Series-Opening Loss - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 7 vs. Dayton (Game 113) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dragons Notes for Wednesday - Dayton Dragons
- Kettering Health Network Presents Breast Cancer Awareness Day on August 11 - Dayton Dragons
- Star Wars Fans Come Together at this Saturday's South Bend Cubs Game - South Bend Cubs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.