Beavers Finish Season With Fan Apprecaition Weekend
PORTLAND, Ore. - The Portland Beavers play host to a variety of events and giveaways for Fan Appreciation Weekend as they wrap up the 2009 season with a four-game series against the Las Vegas 51s, starting Friday at PGE Park.
Fan Appreciation weekend is highlighted by a post-game fireworks presentation, All-About-Kids Day, photo baseball giveaway and Fan Appreciation Day, including a 2010 Beavers calendar giveaway, presented by PGE.
In addition, PGE Park will donate $2 from select Beavers ticket purchases during Fan Appreciation Weekend to SOLV. Celebrating its 40th anniversary, SOLV is a statewide nonprofit organization dedicated to planting trees, cleaning beaches and environmental education with help from 50,000 volunteers each year.
The Beavers' final weekend of the season opens with a bang as the team features a post-game fireworks presentation on Friday to kick off Fan Appreciation Weekend.
On Saturday, the first 1,903 fans receive a photo baseball featuring Beavers outfielder and 2009 Triple-A Home Run Derby-champion Chad Huffman as part of the Fan-Choice Giveaway, presented by Comcast. Fans selected the photo baseball among several unique giveaway options.
Sunday is All-About-Kids Day at PGE Park. Kids have a special opportunity to get involved in a number of different game-day activities around the stadium, including guest public address announcer, kid reporter, assistant bat boy/girl, kid grounds crew member and kid broadcaster. Learn more about the different ways to be a part of the action at www.portlandbeavers.com. In addition, kids 12 and under can take part in the Beavers' new Kids-Eat-Free plan on Sunday prior to the first pitch. Following the game, kids can run the bases at PGE Park, courtesy of Family Fun Center and Bullwinkle's Restaurant.
The Beavers wrap up the 2009 season on Fan Appreciation Day, featuring a special Labor Day afternoon game starting at 2:05 p.m. Fan Appreciation Day is a super giveaway day at PGE Park. The first 4,000 fans receive raffle tickets and will be entered into raffles for autographed items, team merchandise and a variety of gift certificates. The first 2,000 fans also receive a 2010 calendar, presented by PGE, with the Beavers' 2010 Pacific Coast League schedule. The Beavers final game of the season will be televised live on FSN.
Tickets for the Beavers series against Las Vegas are available through the PGE Park box office, area Ticketmaster outlets, online at www.ticketmaster.com or by phone at (800) 745-3000. Convenient and affordable group and suite packages are available through the Beavers ticket office at (503) 553-5555.
SPECIAL EVENT HIGHLIGHTS (Homestand 11):
Friday, Sept. 4
Post-game Fireworks / Fan Appreciation Weekend - Beavers vs. Las Vegas - 7:05 p.m.
The Beavers start a four-game series against Las Vegas and Fan Appreciation Weekend on a Comcast $1 Menu Friday at PGE Park. During the game, a variety of discounted concession items will be available for $1, including Zenner's hot dogs, Sierra Springs water and Nestle ice cream desserts. Following the contest, the Beavers will present their final post-game fireworks presentation of the season.
Saturday, Sept. 5
Fan-Choice Giveaway / Fan Appreciation Weekend - Beavers vs. Las Vegas- 7:05 p.m.
Fan Appreciation Weekend continues as the Beavers entertain the 51s on Fan-Choice Giveaway Night, presented by Comcast. As selected by fans, the first 1,903 fans receive a photo baseball, featuring outfielder and 2009 Triple-A Home Run Derby-champ Chad Huffman on a Fred Meyer Super Giveaway Saturday.
Sunday, Sept. 6
All-About-Kids Day / Fan Appreciation Weekend - Beavers vs. Las Vegas - 2:05 p.m.
It is all about kids on an American Family Insurance Kids Sunday at PGE Park. Kids have the opportunity to participate in a number of different game-day activities, including guest PA announcer, kid radio broadcaster, kid photographer and more. Prior to the first pitch, kids 12 and under can take advantage of the team's new Kids-Eat-Free plan, play catch on the field and get player autographs. After the game, kids are invited to run the bases at PGE Park, presented by Family Fun Center and Bullwinkle's Restaurant.
Monday, Sept. 7
Fan Appreciation Day - Beavers vs. Las Vegas - 2:05 p.m.
The Beavers 2009 season comes to a close on Fan Appreciation Day at PGE Park. The first 4,000 fans to watch the Beavers take on the 51s during a special afternoon game receive raffle tickets and will be entered into drawings for a variety of prizes, including autographed items, merchandise and gift certificates. Special 2010 calendars with the team's 2010 schedule will be distributed to the first 2,000 fans, courtesy of PGE. All fans will have the opportunity to run the bases after the game. The Beavers final game of the season will be broadcast live on FSN.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from September 3, 2009
- Isotopes Score Walk-Off Win Over Express 5-4 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- RedHawks Walk Off With 10 Inning Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Z's fall in extras - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Beavers Come From Behind To End Losing Streak - Portland Beavers
- Isotopes Set Record With 600,000 Attendance Mark - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sounds Rally Late To Take Home Finale, 7-6 - Nashville Sounds
- Beavers Finish Season With Fan Apprecaition Weekend - Portland Beavers
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Tim Wallach Named PCL Manager of the Year - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Aces' Blanton Named PCL Turf Manager of the Year - Reno Aces
- Zephyrs open final homestand of 2009 on Friday - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Isotopes Wallach Named PCL Manager of the Year - PCL
- Murillo, Whitesell lead Aces to victory - Reno Aces
- Isotopes poised to eclipse 600,000 attendance mark - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers beat Salt Lake - Tacoma Rainiers
- Round Rock pitches past 'Topes 4-2 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sky Sox Win Slugfest Over Beavers, 12-9 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Beavers Stories
- Statement from Merritt Paulson regarding ownership of the Portland Beavers
- Beavers, Timbers Community Fund Again Recognized by Corporate Philanthropy Awards
- Beavers Win Final Game at PGE Park in Dramatic Fashion
- Young, Geer Combine on Three-Hitter as Beavers Beat 51's
- Portland held to four hits in 9-1 loss