Baseball Is Back: Tickets Go on Sale Thursday 10:00 am.
Traverse City, MI - Box seat tickets for the 2020 Traverse City baseball season go on sale Thursday, June 25 @ 10:00am. There will be 57 games played between July 1 and Sept. 2 at Turtle Creek Stadium. In addition to the defending Northwoods League champion Traverse City Pit Spitters, two new teams were created to make a three-team pod. The Northern Michigan Dune Bears and the Great Lakes Resorters will also be calling Traverse City home this season. All three teams will play a round-robin style schedule with each team playing 38 games of the 57-game schedule
"We had to get creative to be able to play baseball this season. Creating two new teams alleviates travel concerns by putting 30 plus people on a bus and having them travel to other markets. This also allows us to maximize the number of games this season." said Pit Spitters Operations Manager Kendall Patrick. "This year we all need a bit of normalcy in our lives and we hope baseball can do that."
Steven Cutter, the new Resorters manager and Alex O'Donnell, the new Dune Bears manager, have been searching across the country to bring in the top collegiate baseball talent to Northern Michigan. The Northwoods League is known for grooming high-level baseball talent and had twenty former players drafted in the five-round 2020 Major League draft, including 2019 Pit Spitters pitcher Luke Little, who was selected by the Cubs in the fourth round.
Although the ballpark experience will be a little different, with the social distancing efforts in effect, fans can expect much of the same fun they experienced in the Pit Spitters inaugural 2019 season. Fun between inning promotions, giveaways and food and drink specials throughout the year including replica Pit Spitters championship ring giveaway to the first 250 fans on July 1 and July 2 courtesy of 4Front Credit Union.
Tickets will be available at www.PitSpitters.com. Currently, seating capacity is limited to just 500 fans per game so tickets will go fast. Prices are $6 for lawn, $10 for box seats and $90 for a patio table for four. Lawn seats will be available as restrictions lift.
The Pit Spitters worked closely with the Grand Traverse County Health Dept, Grand Traverse Sheriff and Blair Township to develop a readiness plan. It includes employee protocols, temperature screenings, new sanitation standards and more. It can be viewed on the club's website www.PitSpitters.com.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 24, 2020
- Bull Moose Take Down Larks in Consequtive Games - Bismarck Larks
- in Memoriam: Madison Mallards 2020 Season (2020-2020) - Madison Mallards
- 2020 Duluth Huskies Season Update - Duluth Huskies
- Eau Claire Express 2020 Season Update - Eau Claire Express
- Baseball Is Back: Tickets Go on Sale Thursday 10:00 am. - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- MacDaddies Release Roster - Kalamazoo Growlers
- 2020 Battle Creek Bomb Squad Released - Battle Creek Bombers
- Growlers Break out the 2020 Roster - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Wegner Drives in 5 RBIs in Big Win - Mandan Flickertails
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Traverse City Pit Spitters Stories
- Pit Spitters Release 2021 Schedule
- Pit Spitters 2021 Schedule to be Released at Drive Thru Lunch and Food Drive Saturday
- Limited Edition Pit Spitters Jersey Offered to 2021 Season Ticket Purchasers
- Films on the Field Moved to Next Week
- Movie Series at Turtle Creek Stadium Is Extended Two More Weeks