Baseball and Buccaneers at QuikTrip Park
GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas - The Grand Prairie Airhogs and Ibidis Mortem Productions are proud to announce Pirate Night at QuikTrip Park, taking place on Friday, August 17th against the El Paso Diablos.
It is going to be an evening of baseball and buccaneers as Grand Prairie's own pirate band, the Bilge Pumps, sail in to make a special appearance and a post-game show. This event will appeal to that inner buccaneer and baseball fan that are trying hard to get out.
The Bilge Pumps will be participating in sideline games and pirate fun throughout the game, including leading the audience in singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame". After the game, the band will perform a short show at the Fieldhouse Bar and Grill in left field as a teaser for their concert the following night at the Uptown Theater in Grand Prairie.
Game time is 7:05 and gates open at 6:05 p.m.
The Bilge Pumps are a pirate music group who specialize in performances that combine nautical songs, sea shanties, and Celtic music with a huge dose of silly comedy. The group performs larger than life in their authentic-feeling pirate-themed costumes and their variety of instruments backing up their bellowing voices. They have been in demand all over the country for their entertainingly goofy stage antics and their musical skill as they take everyone's favorite nautical music and put their own particular spin on it.
The 2011 American Association Champion Grand Prairie AirHogs continue their four-game series against the Laredo Lemurs at QuikTrip Park on Saturday, August 4, at 7:05 p.m. It is another Fireworks Saturday Night, with a spectacular postgame pyrotechnics display. That night will feature a team card set giveaway, sponsored by Parkland Community Health Plan. All games are aired live and for free on Ustream by clicking on the link on the AirHogs' home page or visiting http://www.ustream.tv/channel/airhogs-baseball with selected contests aired on Time Warner Cable's Texas Channel. For information on tickets, promotions, advertising, and other opportunities with the AirHogs, check out the Web site at www.airhogsbaseball.com, or call the QuikTrip Park office at (972) 504-9383.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 4, 2012
- Explorers defeat Winnipeg - Sioux City Explorers
- American Association Results - AA
- AirHogs Lose Two Key Hitters, Game - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Lemurs Top the Airhogs Again - Laredo Lemurs
- Fish Fall Behind Early, Lose in Sioux City - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- LUCE'S SINGLE GIVES SOX WALK OFF VICTORY OVER DIABLOS - El Paso Diablos
- RedHawks beat Saltdogs, 9-5, for Second Straight Night - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Three Homers Not Enough in Loss to Wichita - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Extra-Base Hits Power Wingnuts to Win - Wichita Wingnuts
- Salami for Holdren But Hawks Handle 'Dogs - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Jones Activated from DL - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Nicolas Leads Pheasants Charge over Wichita - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints Game at Gary Postponed Due to Rain, Double Header on Sunday - St. Paul Saints
- RailCats Saturday Game Postponed; Doubleheader Sunday - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Baseball and Buccaneers at QuikTrip Park - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- NBC World Series to Honor Tournament Legend - Wichita Wingnuts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs