Lemurs Top the Airhogs Again
Grand Prairie, TX - Another Laredo Lemurs four run eighth helps them grab a 9-5 victory over the Grand Prairie Airhogs on Saturday night at QuikTrip Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
The Lemurs started off the game by scoring two runs in the first, they added two more runs to the lead in the third with a John Allen two run homerun that was smoked over the left field wall to put the Lemurs up 4-0.
The Airhogs would try to crawl back into the game by posting a run in the sixth and an run in the seventh to make it a 4-2 Lemurs lead, but the Lemurs would blow up for four more runs in the in the top of the eighth to put them up 8-2.
The Airhogs would not go quietly as they popped for three runs in the bottom of the eighth, with Kenny Held leading the charge with a two run bomb to left to make it 8-5 Lemurs.
The Lemurs scored one more in the top of the ninth to help secure the win. With the victory, the Lemurs move within six and a half games of the Grand Prairie Airhogs in the South Division of the American Assosciation.
Osvaldo Rodriguez pitched well in his third start for the Lemurs, going six, giving up one run, on four hits to earn his first win in his third start with the Lemurs this year.
Reymond Cruz takes the loss as he pitched seven, giving up six runs, on nine hits, with no walks, and five strikeouts.
The Lemurs will be on the road for an 11 game trip that will take them to Lincoln, Nebraska, Grand Prairie, Texas, and El Paso, Texas, for their longest trip of the year. You can get tickets at the Laredo Lemurs box office, online at www.laredolemurs.com, or by phone at 956-7LEMURS. All games at Uni-Trade Stadium are set for 7:30pm.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 4, 2012
- Explorers defeat Winnipeg - Sioux City Explorers
- American Association Results - AA
- AirHogs Lose Two Key Hitters, Game - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Lemurs Top the Airhogs Again - Laredo Lemurs
- Fish Fall Behind Early, Lose in Sioux City - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- LUCE'S SINGLE GIVES SOX WALK OFF VICTORY OVER DIABLOS - El Paso Diablos
- RedHawks beat Saltdogs, 9-5, for Second Straight Night - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Three Homers Not Enough in Loss to Wichita - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Extra-Base Hits Power Wingnuts to Win - Wichita Wingnuts
- Salami for Holdren But Hawks Handle 'Dogs - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Jones Activated from DL - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Nicolas Leads Pheasants Charge over Wichita - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints Game at Gary Postponed Due to Rain, Double Header on Sunday - St. Paul Saints
- RailCats Saturday Game Postponed; Doubleheader Sunday - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Baseball and Buccaneers at QuikTrip Park - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- NBC World Series to Honor Tournament Legend - Wichita Wingnuts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.