Bahr Promoted to Double-A Frisco
Kinston, N.C. - Right-handed pitcher Jason Bahr has been promoted from the Wood Ducks to Double-A, Frisco, the Rangers announced yesterday.
Bahr represented the Wood Ducks in the Carolina League All-Star game on Tuesday, starting the ballgame for the South, and tossing a scoreless first inning. He becomes the seventh Wood Ducks promoted this season.
In 11 starts for the Wood Ducks this season Bahr worked to a 6-1 record, winning his final four outings, and his 1.71 ERA leads the Carolina League. He has struck out 58 in 58.0 innings, while walking just 26, and opponents hit just .179 against him. Bahr did not allow more than two earned runs in a start this season.
The righty finished his time in Down East without allowing a run in his final two starts. A native of Orlando, Fla., Bahr began his college career as a walk-on at the University of Central Florida. He was drafted in the 5th Round by the San Francisco Giants in 2017. The Rangers acquired Bahr last season in a trade that also brought pitcher Cory Gearrin and outfielder Austin Jackson to Texas.
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from June 22, 2019
- Woodpeckers Break Through Late to Win Third Straight - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
- Mudcats Win Second Straight 9-4 in Potomac - Carolina Mudcats
- Late Misses Cost Potomac in 9-4 Loss - Potomac Nationals
- Hillcats Edge Dash 8-6 in Extras on Saturday - Winston-Salem Dash
- Reeves' Blast Lifts Lynchburg in Extras - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Home Runs Down Wood Ducks 4-2 - Down East Wood Ducks
- Keys Snap Losing Streak - Frederick Keys
- Rocks See Five Game Winning Streak End - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- June 22 - Carolina Mudcats Game Information - Carolina Mudcats
- Winston-Salem Dash Game Notes (June 22 vs. Lynchburg) - Winston-Salem Dash
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans Game Notes: June 22 vs. Fayetteville - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Bahr Promoted to Double-A Frisco - Down East Wood Ducks
- June 22 Game Information - Down East Wood Ducks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.