Audi Field Named as Host Venue for Week 6 Premier League Lacrosse Games
WASHINGTON - D.C. United have announced that they will host The Premier Lacrosse League (PLL) at Audi Field for three games on Saturday, July 6 and Sunday, July 7. Washington, D.C. is the sixth city announced to host PLL games, following Boston, New York, Chicago, Baltimore, and Atlanta.
"Audi Field is one of the most remarkable venues I've ever been to", says Paul Rabil, PLL Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer. "The greater Washington D.C. region has bred some of the most talented lacrosse players in the world, and we're delighted to showcase their talent with three games of world-class competition in front of one of the largest fan bases in the U.S."
Entering its first year, the PLL features over 160 players on six teams competing in a tour-based model, taking place in 12 U.S. cities over a total of 14 weeks starting June 1. NBC Sports will present 16 games on NBC Sports Network (NBCSN), and three on NBC, all of which will also be streamed via authentication on NBCSports.com, and the NBC Sports app. NBC Sports Gold - NBC Sports' direct-to-consumer live streaming product powered by Playmaker Media - will live stream 20 games exclusively for its subscribers.
"We welcome The Premier Lacrosse League to Audi Field," Jason Levien, D.C. United CEO and Co-Chairman, said. "We designed our stadium with visions of hosting a variety of sporting events. This will give fans of lacrosse in the DMV an opportunity to watch some of the World's best professional lacrosse in the heart of the District."
For more information about the PLL and the games visit www.premierlacrosseleague.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 22, 2019
- Houston Dynamo Loan Four Players to RGV FC for Weekend Clash in West Texas - Houston Dynamo
- LAFC Kicks off Local Broadcasts on March 23 with Games on YouTube TV and KVMD - Los Angeles FC
- MLS Issues Disciplinary Committee Decisions - MLS
- Toronto FC & Van der Wiel Part Ways by Mutual Consent - Toronto FC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. FC Cincinnati - New England Revolution
- LAFC Hosts Real Salt Lake on Saturday Night - Los Angeles FC
- Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face the Philadelphia Union at Talen Energy Stadium Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- Real Salt Lake Caps Two-Match Road Swing Saturday at LAFC - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Hosts Colorado Rapids at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- FC Cincinnati Joins Newport Aquarium, WAVE Foundation for Plastic Bag Collection - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew SC Sends Forward Edward Opoku on Loan - Columbus Crew SC
- Audi Field Named as Host Venue for Week 6 Premier League Lacrosse Games - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- D.C. United Beat Colorado Rapids 3-2 on the Road
- D.C. United Announce Two Washington Spirit Matches at Audi Field
- D.C. United Draw 0-0 with Montreal at Audi Field
- D.C. United Fall to LAFC 4-0 at Audi Field
- D.C. United Announce Complimentary FloFC Subscriptions for Black-And-Red Fans in April