LAFC Kicks off Local Broadcasts on March 23 with Games on YouTube TV and KVMD
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) will kick off its local broadcast schedule on Saturday, March 23 with the Club facing off against Real Salt Lake in a re-match of last season's MLS Cup Playoffs live on YouTube TV and KVMD.
The full broadcast schedule can be found here.
YouTube TV, the Club's English-language local TV provider and kit sponsor, will broadcast 18 of the Club's regular season contests, which includes 30-minute pre- and post-game shows, and new for 2019 - the debut of 'LAFC Matchday' on YouTube TV -- exclusive in-depth coverage that begins at 5:30 pm PT that features shows such as 'Faces of LAFC' and the 'Black & Gold Show'.
LAFC's Lead Broadcaster Max Bretos, will once again serve as the play-by-play voice for all of LAFC's locally televised English-language matches. Mark Rogondino and Gevrina Catalina round out LAFC's 2019 broadcast team and will function as the Club's Host and Sideline Reporter, respectively, for all YouTube TV matches.
The "Max + 1" platform is also back for the Club's second season in MLS, as different, nationally-recognized soccer personalities will join Bretos on the call as color analysts. The list includes: Fox Deportes commentators Rodolfo Landeros (March 23) and Mariano Trujillo, two-time Olympic gold medalist and FOX Soccer announcer Angela Hucles (May 19), former English defender and current FOX Soccer analyst Warren Barton (July 3), FOX Soccer personalities Ian Joy (April 13) and Fernando Fiore (May 4), former MLS and USMNT midfielder Maurice Edu (May 11), and former USWNT standouts Lori Lindsey and Danielle Slaton (Sept. 21) as well as Copa 90's Heath Pearce (May 24), and BeIN Sports commentators Gary Bailey (April 17) and Christopher Sullivan (Sept. 25).
LAFC's Official Spanish-Language TV partner, Univision Los Angeles will broadcast 18 regular season matches - two on UniMás KFTR and 16 on partner station KVMD. In addition to the 18 regular season locally broadcast Spanish-language matches, Univision Los Angeles will also produce pre and post-game shows, as well as provide exclusive, behind-the-scenes access to the team on various shows and across Univision's digital platforms.
Partner station KVMD, over-the-air channel 31.1, is focused on multi-cultural programming and is available throughout Southern California on various cable and satellite systems, as listed:
AT&T - Ch. 31/1031
Charter* - Ch 21/721
Cox* - Ch. 23/1063
DirecTV/Dish - Ch. 31
Frontier/Verizon Fios - Ch. 23/523
Spectrum* - Ch. 21/23/32/721/1241
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 22, 2019
- Houston Dynamo Loan Four Players to RGV FC for Weekend Clash in West Texas - Houston Dynamo
- LAFC Kicks off Local Broadcasts on March 23 with Games on YouTube TV and KVMD - Los Angeles FC
- MLS Issues Disciplinary Committee Decisions - MLS
- Toronto FC & Van der Wiel Part Ways by Mutual Consent - Toronto FC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. FC Cincinnati - New England Revolution
- LAFC Hosts Real Salt Lake on Saturday Night - Los Angeles FC
- Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face the Philadelphia Union at Talen Energy Stadium Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- Real Salt Lake Caps Two-Match Road Swing Saturday at LAFC - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Hosts Colorado Rapids at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- FC Cincinnati Joins Newport Aquarium, WAVE Foundation for Plastic Bag Collection - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew SC Sends Forward Edward Opoku on Loan - Columbus Crew SC
- Audi Field Named as Host Venue for Week 6 Premier League Lacrosse Games - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Signs First eMLS Player in Club History
- LAFC Signs Danny Musovski
- LAFC to Face Club Leon from Mexico in 2020 CONCACAF Champions League
- LAFC Continues to be a Force for Good in Los Angeles Throughout the Holiday Season
- Larry Freedman Named Doug Hamilton Executive of the Year by MLS