Toronto FC & Van der Wiel Part Ways by Mutual Consent
Toronto FC announced today that the club and defender Gregory van der Wiel have decided to part ways by mutual consent.
"We explored options to move forward and after much discussion we mutually agreed that this is the best resolution for both Toronto FC and for Gregory," said Toronto FC General Manager Ali Curtis. "We'd like to thank Gregory for his contributions to Toronto FC and wish him and his family all the best in the future."
Van der Wiel, 31, signed with Toronto FC on February 1, 2018. He made 34 combined appearances with four assists last season for TFC (MLS, Concacaf Champions League and Campeones Cup).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 22, 2019
- Houston Dynamo Loan Four Players to RGV FC for Weekend Clash in West Texas - Houston Dynamo
- LAFC Kicks off Local Broadcasts on March 23 with Games on YouTube TV and KVMD - Los Angeles FC
- MLS Issues Disciplinary Committee Decisions - MLS
- Toronto FC & Van der Wiel Part Ways by Mutual Consent - Toronto FC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. FC Cincinnati - New England Revolution
- LAFC Hosts Real Salt Lake on Saturday Night - Los Angeles FC
- Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face the Philadelphia Union at Talen Energy Stadium Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- Real Salt Lake Caps Two-Match Road Swing Saturday at LAFC - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Hosts Colorado Rapids at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- FC Cincinnati Joins Newport Aquarium, WAVE Foundation for Plastic Bag Collection - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew SC Sends Forward Edward Opoku on Loan - Columbus Crew SC
- Audi Field Named as Host Venue for Week 6 Premier League Lacrosse Games - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.