Real Salt Lake Caps Two-Match Road Swing Saturday at LAFC
SANDY, Utah - Real Salt Lake is set to visit LAFC on Saturday in its return to Banc of California Stadium where the club began its run in the 2018 MLS Cup Playoffs. Kickoff from Los Angeles is set for 8:30 p.m. MT with the match being broadcast live locally on KMYU, the KSL TV app and ESPN 700.
The trip to California will see the Utah club return to the site of its dramatic 3-2 victory in the 2018 MLS Cup Playoffs Knockout Round, a match that saw MF Damir Kreilach score two world-class goals to silence the LAFC faithful. The playoff win marks the lone time RSL has topped LAFC, bringing the all-time record across all competitions to 1-2-0.
RSL is coming off of its first loss of the 2019 season at the hands of D.C. United last Saturday where it fell 5-0. RSL saw red cards on either side of halftime reduce the squad to nine men and hinder a full performance in its first trip to Audi Field but remains poised to field an experienced side against LAFC.
The match against LAFC will see the absences of six RSL players due to international duty and suspension. FWs Corey Baird (U.S.), Julian Vazquez (Mexico U-18) and Sam Johnson (Liberia), along with MF Albert Rusnák (Slovakia) will all be unavailable for Head Coach Mike Petke on Saturday due to call-ups from their respective national teams. FW Jefferson Savarino and DF Marcelo Silva will also be unavailable for Saturday's match while serving one-match suspensions after the match against D.C. United.
How to Follow Real Salt Lake @ LAFC - Sat., March 23, 2019
- Coverage Begins: 8:00 p.m. MT
- Local TV: KMYU with David James (play-by-play), Brian Dunseth (color) & Samantha Yarock (sideline)
- Digital Streaming: KSL TV App
- English Radio: ESPN700 with Bill Riley (play-by-play) & Jay Nolly (color)
- Spanish Radio: 107.1 FM
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 22, 2019
- Houston Dynamo Loan Four Players to RGV FC for Weekend Clash in West Texas - Houston Dynamo
- LAFC Kicks off Local Broadcasts on March 23 with Games on YouTube TV and KVMD - Los Angeles FC
- MLS Issues Disciplinary Committee Decisions - MLS
- Toronto FC & Van der Wiel Part Ways by Mutual Consent - Toronto FC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. FC Cincinnati - New England Revolution
- LAFC Hosts Real Salt Lake on Saturday Night - Los Angeles FC
- Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face the Philadelphia Union at Talen Energy Stadium Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- Real Salt Lake Caps Two-Match Road Swing Saturday at LAFC - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Hosts Colorado Rapids at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- FC Cincinnati Joins Newport Aquarium, WAVE Foundation for Plastic Bag Collection - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew SC Sends Forward Edward Opoku on Loan - Columbus Crew SC
- Audi Field Named as Host Venue for Week 6 Premier League Lacrosse Games - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Real Salt Lake Stories
- Real Salt Lake Faces Expansion Side FC Cincinnati Friday at Nippert Stadium
- This Week at Real Salt Lake
- Real Salt Lake Claims 2-1 Win over Orlando City SC
- Real Salt Lake Returns to Rio Tinto Stadium Saturday to Host Orlando City SC
- Real Salt Lake Falls 1-0 at Seattle Sounders FC