Atlanta's Gardener Assigned to Anaheim Arsenal
NEW YORK, Feb. 20, 2009 - The Atlanta Hawks today assigned Thomas Gardner to the Anaheim Arsenal, the Hawks' NBA Development League affiliate. Gardner, who is the 25th assignment of the season, joins Hawks teammate Othello Hunter on the Arsenal's roster.
Gardner, a 6-5 guard from Missouri has appeared in five games for Atlanta this season, scoring eight points and grabbing four rebounds. In four games for the Chicago Bulls last season, Gardner averaged 5.3 points and 11.3 minutes.
A three-year contributor at Missouri, Gardner averaged 19.7 points, 3.2 rebounds, 1.6 assists and 1.0 steal in 28 games during his final season. That year, he was named to the USBWA All-NCAA District VI Team and earned All-Big 12 Third Team honors.
Gardner is expected to join the Arsenal today and be available when the team plays the Utah Flash tonight in Anaheim.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 20, 2009
- Flash Win at Anaheim, 105-89, Behind Dupree and Lang - Utah Flash
- D-Fenders drop Vipers 108-90 in L.A. - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- D-Fenders Sting Vipers at STAPLES Center - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- John Lucas Joins 14ers - Colorado 14ers
- Atlanta's Gardener Assigned to Anaheim Arsenal - Anaheim Arsenal
- Bakersfield's Trey Johnson called up to the Cleveland Cavaliers - G League
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Jam Takes Out Division-Leading Toros 102-97 - Bakersfield Jam
- Stampede Hold On Against Energy To End Slide - Idaho Stampede
- Energy Fall to Defending Champs 109-104 - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.