Atlanta United Acquires up to $600,000 in Allocation Money in Trade with D.C. United for Yamil Asad
ATLANTA (Feb. 13, 2018) - Atlanta United announced today it has acquired up to $600,000 in allocation money from D.C. United in exchange for the rights to Yamil Asad. In 2018, Atlanta will receive $200,000 in General Allocation Money (GAM) and $100,000 in Targeted Allocation Money (TAM). In 2019, Atlanta will receive $100,000 in GAM and $100,000 in TAM. In addition, Atlanta can also receive $100,000 in GAM if Asad appears in at least one MLS match in 2020.
Asad, 23, joined Atlanta United on loan during the 2017 season from VÃ©lez Sarsfield of the Argentine Primera Division. He appeared in 32 games, made 31 starts and registered seven goals with 13 assists.
Atlanta United continues its preseason schedule with three matches in the Carolina Challenge Cup starting on Saturday, Feb. 17 against Columbus Crew SC. All matches in Charleston will be televised on BeIN Sports.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 13, 2018
- Windy City Beats Raptors 905 99-91, Heads into All-Star Break Strong - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake Weekly Update - Real Salt Lake
- Impact Faces Chicago Fire Wednesday Night in Bradenton - Montreal Impact
- Montreal Impact Soccer Schools Unveil March Programming - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Signs Alex Roldan and Jordan McCrary - Seattle Sounders FC
- Fire Resume Preseason Slate with Friendly against Montreal Impact on Wednesday - Chicago Fire
- Revs Battle FC Dallas in Mobile Mini Sun Cup Opener on Wednesday - New England Revolution
- Sounders FC Announces IHeartMedia as New Radio Broadcast Partner, with 950 KJR AM Becoming Radio Flagship - Seattle Sounders FC
- Toronto FC Sign Defender Auro - Toronto FC
- Sporting KC Acquires $100,000 of General Allocation Money in Trade - Sporting Kansas City
- United Acquire Yamil Asad from Atlanta United - D.C. United
- Owundi Joins Pangop as Second Cameroon International with MNUFC - Minnesota United FC
- Atlanta United Acquires up to $600,000 in Allocation Money in Trade with D.C. United for Yamil Asad - Atlanta United FC
- Real Salt Lake Launches Innovative Local Streaming and Ticketing Partnership with KSL - Real Salt Lake
- FC Bayern Munich & FC Dallas Announce Landmark Player Development Partnership - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Time Changed for Atlanta United-Chicago Fire May 5 Match
- Atlanta United Races to 3-1 Win in Front of Record-Breaking Crowd
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. D.C. United
- Atlanta United-Minnesota United Match Rescheduled