Sounders FC Signs Alex Roldan and Jordan McCrary
SEATTLE, WASH. - Sounders FC today announced that it has signed midfielder Alex Roldan and defender Jordan McCrary to the club's First Team roster. The Rave Green selected Roldan - the younger brother of Sounders FC midfielder Cristian Roldan - with the 22nd overall pick in the 2018 MLS SuperDraft out of Seattle University, while McCrary joins the club following a successful preseason trial after playing the 2017 season with Toronto FC II.
"We are proud to welcome the next Roldan into the Sounders family. We were excited to draft Alex last month and, like his brother, we anticipate him being a positive addition to our club," said Sounders FC General Manager & President of Soccer Garth Lagerwey. "Jordan has shown well during his trial with us throughout preseason and we believe gives us some quality depth at the fullback position. We are pleased to add both to our roster as we inch close to the start of the 2018 campaign."
Roldan, 21, attended Seattle University, where he started all 82 games over his four years, finishing his collegiate career with 18 goals and 17 assists. In 2017, he scored six goals and led the Redhawks with eight assists, including assisting on the game-winning overtime goal at the University of Washington in the NCAA Tournament on November 16, 2017. In 2016, he led his team with eight goals, including six game winners, in addition to three assists.
"Both Alex and Jordan have done everything we've asked of them so far, so we're happy to reward them for their hard work during preseason training," said Sounders FC Vice President of Soccer & Sporting Director Chris Henderson. "With Alex, we're adding a very solid player who can follow in his brother's footsteps on the path to being a good pro. Adding Jordan to our roster gives us a promising young player, as well as a dynamic option to compete at the right back position."
Anthony Gruppuso / USA Today Sports
McCrary, 24, joins Sounders FC after spending the 2017 season with Toronto FC II, starting 19 of 27 appearances for the Reds' USL side. He was the 10th overall selection in the 2016 MLS SuperDraft by the New England Revolution, appearing in two Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup matches for the club in addition to one game with the Revs' USL affiliate Rochester Rhinos.
Today's signings brings Sounders FC's current roster to 25 players as the club departs tomorrow for a preseason friendly at Sacramento Republic FC on Thursday, February 15. Sounders FC's 10th campaign as an MLS side begins on February 22 with the Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League, before the MLS season kicks off on March 4 at home against expansion side Los Angeles FC.
Sounders FC season tickets are still available, including new 2018 seating options in the 300 level, with full information available at SoundersFC.com or by calling 877-MLS-GOAL. For complete information, details and pricing on 2018 Sounders FC season tickets, fans should call 877-MLS-GOAL or email Sales@SoundersFC.com. Complete information on all Sounders FC ticket packages can be found at SoundersFC.com/Tickets.
Single-match tickets are available for all 17 MLS home matches and the club's Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League matchup on March 1 vs. Salvadoran side Santa Tecla FC. Seating for all games is subject to availability at time of purchase. Single-match tickets can be purchased via the following link: SoundersFC.com/Tickets/Single-Match-Tickets.
TRANSACTIONS: Seattle Sounders FC signs midfielder Alex Roldan and defender Jordan McCrary on February 13, 2018.
Name: Alex Roldan
Born: July 28, 1996
Hometown: Pico Rivera, California
Citizenship: United States / El Salvador
College: Seattle University
Acquired: Selected with the 22nd pick of the First Round (22nd overall) in the 2018 MLS SuperDraft. Signed to First Team contract on February 13, 2018.
Name: Jordan McCrary
Born: July 28, 1993 in Alpharetta, Georgia
Hometown: Marietta, Georgia
Citizenship: United States
College: North Carolina
Previous Teams: Toronto FC II (2017), New England Revolution (2016)
Acquired: Signed to First Team contract with Seattle Sounders FC on February 13, 2018.
Images from this story
Seattle Sounders FC Midfielder Alex Roldan
(Seattle University Communications)
Seattle Sounders FC Defender Jordan McCrary
(Anthony Gruppuso / USA Today Sports)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 13, 2018
- Windy City Beats Raptors 905 99-91, Heads into All-Star Break Strong - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake Weekly Update - Real Salt Lake
- Impact Faces Chicago Fire Wednesday Night in Bradenton - Montreal Impact
- Montreal Impact Soccer Schools Unveil March Programming - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Signs Alex Roldan and Jordan McCrary - Seattle Sounders FC
- Fire Resume Preseason Slate with Friendly against Montreal Impact on Wednesday - Chicago Fire
- Revs Battle FC Dallas in Mobile Mini Sun Cup Opener on Wednesday - New England Revolution
- Sounders FC Announces IHeartMedia as New Radio Broadcast Partner, with 950 KJR AM Becoming Radio Flagship - Seattle Sounders FC
- Toronto FC Sign Defender Auro - Toronto FC
- Sporting KC Acquires $100,000 of General Allocation Money in Trade - Sporting Kansas City
- United Acquire Yamil Asad from Atlanta United - D.C. United
- Owundi Joins Pangop as Second Cameroon International with MNUFC - Minnesota United FC
- Atlanta United Acquires up to $600,000 in Allocation Money in Trade with D.C. United for Yamil Asad - Atlanta United FC
- Real Salt Lake Launches Innovative Local Streaming and Ticketing Partnership with KSL - Real Salt Lake
- FC Bayern Munich & FC Dallas Announce Landmark Player Development Partnership - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Puget Sound Civic Officials Celebrate Seattle Inclusion in United Bid to Host 2026 FIFA World Cup
- Sounders FC Forward Jordan Morris Undergoes Successful Sugery
- Sounders FC Falls 3-0 on the Road to Chivas Guadalajara, Concluding Run in 2018 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Chivas Guadalajara (Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League)
- Sounders FC 2 Signs David Estrada