Asselin to See First AHL Action
Duluth, GA - Rookie Sam Asselin, who has an AHL contract with the Providence Bruins, has been recalled and will see his first AHL action. Asselin's hot start to the campaign led to the callup.
The Repentigny, Quebec native came into his own last year, scoring 48 goals for the Halifax Mooseheads in the QMJHL, which led to him being signed by the Providence Bruins. During his time with the Gladiators, Sam tallied 14 points in just nine games, scoring seven goals and added seven assists.
Asselin was named the Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week, spanning October 28 to November 3. He earned the award with eight points in two games, scoring five goals and three assists in the Gladiators' two wins. Asselin had two goals and two assists in a 4-1 win against Jacksonville on the road on October 30. He then followed it with four more points that included a hat trick on November 3 at home versus Greenville, in a wild 7-6 victory.
Among rookies he is currently tied for second in points (14) and goals (7), as well as tied for fifth in assists (7). Sam had at least one point in the first eight games of the season.
The Atlanta Gladiators are members of the ECHL, the nation's premier "AA" hockey league and are the Affiliate of the Eastern Conference Champion Boston Bruins. All home games are played at the 9,119-seat Infinite Energy Arena, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth, Georgia. The Gladiators have established an unrivaled commitment to excellence, maintaining a distinctive reputation for providing fun, friendly, family, affordable entertainment and are consistently ranked as one of the best "Things to Do" in the Atlanta Metro area and across the North Georgia region. Fans can purchase tickets by visiting www.atlantagladiators.com or by calling the front office at (770) 497-5100.
Images from this story
Sam Asselin after scoring a goal for the Atlanta Gladiators
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 13, 2019
- Thunder Moves into First Place with Win over Rush - Wichita Thunder
- Bajkov Buries Biscuit in OT; Rabbits Sink Admirals - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Indy Closes Homestand with 4-3 Overtime Win against Kansas City - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Earn First Road Point of the Season, But Fall in OT at Indy - Kansas City Mavericks
- Rockford Assigns Forward Dylan McLaughlin to Indy - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - November 13 - ECHL
- Grizzlies Sign Goaltender Brad Barone - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- 'Blades Wrap up Homestand with Rivalry Tilt against Orlando - Florida Everblades
- Asselin to See First AHL Action - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cuddemi Takes ECHL Points Lead and Royals Win, 6-4 - Reading Royals
- Railers Don't Pass Test in 6-4 Home Loss to Royals on School Day Game - Worcester Railers HC
- Class in Session at 10:05 a.m. at Worcester - Reading Royals
- Game Notes: at Wichita - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.