Arsenal Defeat Jam for Third Consecutive Victory
Anaheim, Feb. 9, 2007 - Jawad Williams scored 25 points and collected seven rebounds to lead the Anaheim Arsenal to its third consecutive victory Friday night, defeating the Bakersfield Jam 106-94. The Arsenal has now won five of its last six games, all which have been under the direction of interim head coach Reggie Geary.
The Arsenal held onto a three-point advantage at halftime, leading 50-47, before they caught fire in the third quarter. The Arsenal shot 67 percent from the floor in the third quarter, outscoring the Jam 39-25 to gain the advantage they needed to earn the victory.
"We had good stretches in the first half, and in the second half we put it all together," said Arsenal interim head coach Reggie Geary. "Jawad was huge, hitting the big shots that we needed."
The victory for the Arsenal was due to another complete team effort; having six players score in double figures. Behind Williams, Andre Owens contributed a solid 17 points to go along with his six rebounds and five assists. Tyler Smith and Steve Smith each scored 16 points for the Arsenal.
Patrick O'Bryant led the Jam, scoring 20 points and grabbing 12 rebounds in the losing effort. Kevinn Pinkney also had a strong outing for the Jam, pouring in 17 points to go along with his 12 rebounds.
"Their whole team shot the ball well tonight," said Jam head coach Jim Harrick. "The third quarter was the difference; they knocked down a lot of big shots."
The Arsenal (15-16) will return to action tomorrow night when it faces the Dakota Wizards at 7:00 p.m. for the second game of its current five-game home stand. The Jam (7-22) will return home to Bakersfield to host the Wizards on Sunday, also tipping off at 7:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 9, 2007
- Arsenal Defeat Jam for Third Consecutive Victory - Anaheim Arsenal
- RimRockers Win at Home - Arkansas RimRockers
- D-Fenders' 104-94 win extends Skyforce's losing streak - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Tulsa loses second in a row at home - Tulsa 66ers
- D-Fenders Acquire John Gilchrist - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Varem Returns to Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- All-Star Returns to 66ers - Tulsa 66ers
- D-League on ABC Saturday - G League
- D-League daily developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.