Aracena Triples Twice In 5-0 Win Over Chiefs
PEORIA, IL - The Beloit Snappers (20-20) pitched a team shutout and got late insurance on a bases-clearing triple from Ricky Aracena to secure a 5-0 win over the Peoria Chiefs (16-24).
The Snappers plated a run in the top of the fourth inning on a sac fly from Nic Ready, scoring Troy Johnston. In a 1-0 game, Peoria loaded the bases with one out in the bottom of the fifth. Beloit turned a 6-4-3 double-play to get out of the inning without giving up a run.
Still up 1-0 in the seventh, Beloit loaded the bases for themselves and Aracena came to the plate. He roped a triple off the wall in right field to empty the bases. Kameron Misner would drive Aracena in to complete the four-run inning and give Beloit a 5-0 win.
Beloit's Top Performers: Starting Pitcher Bryan Hoeing tossed six scoreless innings with four hits and a walk. Jake Walters came out of the bullpen for a three-inning save with no runs and four strikeouts. Ready went 1-for-2 with a hit-by-pitch and run. Aracena was 2-for-4 with two triples and three RBIs.
The Snappers are on the road for a series in Peoria, playing again on Saturday at 6:35 p.m. The team will be back home on the 22nd against the Quad Cities River Bandits. For more information on tickets or group outings, please call our front office at 608.362.2272 or visit SnappersBaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the High-A Central League message board...
High-A Central League Stories from June 18, 2021
- Ward Homers Twice in 9-3 Win - Great Lakes Loons
- Valera Keys Another Captains Comeback - Lake County Captains
- 'Caps Give up Nine Straight in 9-4 Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- South Bend Drops Third Straight - South Bend Cubs
- Aracena Triples Twice In 5-0 Win Over Chiefs - Beloit Snappers
- Gross, Gray Highlight 6-2 Victory - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Loons Ride Early Ward Homers to 9-3 Win - Lansing Lugnuts
- River Bandits Duo No-Hits Wisconsin - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- TinCaps Postponed by Rain in Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons Postponed by Rain on Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Classic Park Vaccination Clinic Postponed Due to Inclement Weather - Lake County Captains
- TinCaps Game Information: June 18 at Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dayton Dragons GameDay Notes - Dayton Dragons
- Rattlers Are Back Home on Tuesday to Start Six-Game Series against Peoria - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Kernels Cruise Past Cubs Thursday - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- 12-Run First Inning Sails River Bandits Past Timber Rattlers - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Hot Start Not Enough as Cubs Drop Second Straight - South Bend Cubs
- Whitecaps Lose Fourth Straight - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Loons Fumble Four Errors in 4-3 Loss - Great Lakes Loons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Beloit Snappers Stories
- Flick-Or-Treat Movie Night at ABC Supply Stadium October 30
- ABC Supply Stadium to Host UW-Whitewater Baseball Exhibition Games - October 15 and 17
- Snappers Spoil Captains Playoff Bid With 5-3 Win
- Snappers' Bats Stifled In 4-0 Loss
- Snappers Hit Three Home Runs In 8-3 Win