Antoine Roussel Assigned to Reading
Reading, PA - The Reading Royals of the ECHL, affiliate of the Toronto Maple Leafs and Boston Bruins of the National Hockey League and the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League, today announced that forward Antoine Roussel ["roo SELL"] have been assigned by the Boston Bruins from the Providence Bruins of the AHL to Reading. In a separate transaction, the Royals released forward Vladimir Nikiforov ['NICK ih FOR ofv"].
Roussel (5'11/192) (21), a first year pro who was born in Roubaix, France, has registered five assists and forty-eight penalty minutes in twenty-five games for Providence this year. Prior to turning pro, he led the Chicoutimi Sangueneens in penalty minutes for three consecutive years. In his final year of major junior, Roussel was the third leading scorer for the Sangueneens. In 252 total games in the QMJHL, Roussel racked up 139 points (59g-80a) and 417 penalty minutes. In eleven games with the Royals this year, Nikiforov registered an assist and eight penalty minutes.
The Royals take on the Greenville Road Warriors tonight (Saturday, January 29, 2011 @ 7:05 pm) at the Sovereign Center in Reading, Pennsylvania. The Royals will celebrate Penn State University and the Berks County PSU Alumni Association in Support of THON. Reading will wear special PSU-themed jerseys, which will be auctioned after the game with the net proceeds going to support THON. The Royals game day broadcast will kick off with the pre-game warm-up show presented by The Works at Wyomissing on the Royals Broadcast Network (WRAW 1340 am in Reading, www.1340wraw.com) at 6:35 pm. You can also catch all of the Royals away games this season on Royals TV exclusively on BCTV courtesy of Boscov's Travel, and Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines. Season tickets for the Royals' 2010-11 season are currently available. To become a part of Royals hockey, call 610-898-PUCK or log onto www.royalshockey.com .
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 29, 2011
- Royals Drive Past Road Warriors, 4-2 - Reading Royals
- Kalamazoo Defeats Gwinnet 4-3 to Move into Second Place in the North Division - Kalamazoo Wings
- Nailers Power Past Devils - Wheeling Nailers
- Glads Late Push Not Enough, Fall 4-3 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Road Warriors Stumble Against Royals - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Hats off! Everblades ride Imbeault hat-trick to 7-3 win - Florida Everblades
- Defense Wins for Vegas in Victoria, 4-1 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Antoine Roussel Assigned to Reading - Reading Royals
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - January 29 - ECHL
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Everblades Sign Goalie Owen; Place McNicoll on IR - Florida Everblades
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Countdown to Faceoff: Devils at Nailers Tonight - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Today - January 29 - ECHL
- Aces Fight for 5-4 Win Over Condors - Alaska Aces
- Thunder now 8-0-1 in last 9, Beskorowany's 33 stops enough to halt streak - Stockton Thunder
- Condors comeback falls short, Aces win 5-4 - Bakersfield Condors
- A High-Five For The Devils in Toledo - Trenton Devils
- Victoria opens post All-Star Game schedule with 4-1 loss at home to Las Vegas - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Idaho nets shootout win over Thunder - Idaho Steelheads
- 8,530 See Grizzlies Stage Dramatic Comeback, OT Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Reign fall to Grizzlies in OT - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reading Royals Stories
- Royals Pick up D Zach Todd from Wichita for Future Considerations
- Royals in Playoff Positioning Heading to All-Star Break
- MacDonald and Hora Head to Lehigh Valley
- Game Day: Royals Host Nailers in Final Game Before All-Star Break
- Royals Bark at Brampton in 3rd, Drop 3-1 on Wiener Dog Race Night