Another Road Game Gets Away from Express
(SAINT JOHN, NB) The road woes of the Windsor Express continued Saturday night, after a 112-102 loss to the Saint John Mill Rats at Harbour Station.
The Express (13-7) have now lost three in a row for the first time this season - each of those games coming on the road.
They are now 3-7 away from the WFCU Centre this season.
Saint John (10-13) came out of the gates shooting well, outscoring Windsor 24-15 in the first quarter.
Windsor cut into that lead slightly in the second, but still headed into halftime trailing the Mill Rats 54-47.
An even third quarter brought the game into it's final period with Saint John ahead 82-75.
The Express' seven point deficit quickly turned into a 16 point hole after the Mill Rats opened the fourth on 17-8 run.
Chris Commons led Windsor with 25 points in the game, while Kevin Loiselle added 17 points of his own off the bench.
Saint John's Kenny Jones had 30 points to lead his club.
Windsor will now try to salvage one game of their three stop east coast trip when they visit the Moncton Miracles on Sunday afternoon at 1:00pm Eastern time.
Windsor's next home game is the "Clash at the Colosseum II" at Caesars Windsor on Wednesday, January 21st against the Halifax Rainmen.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from January 18, 2015
- Lightning Strike Power - London Lightning
- Power Fall Short in London, 98-90 - Mississauga Power
- Rainmen Halt Storm Winning Streak in Exciting Fashion - Halifax Rainmen
- Storm Win Streak Ends in Halifax - Island Storm
- Miracles Lose Their Third Straight against the Express - Moncton Miracles
- Shorthanded Express Get Help from Bench in Victory - Windsor Express
- Another Road Game Gets Away from Express - Windsor Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.