Storm Win Streak Ends in Halifax
(Charlottetown, PE) The Island STORM dropped their first game in nine Sunday afternoon at Scotiabank Centre in Halifax, 112-101 to the Halifax Rainmen. The STORM leads the Atlantic Division of the NBL Canada with a 15-7 while Halifax is in second with a 10-10 record.
The STORM trailed at halftime 51-40, and by as much as 13 in the 3rd quarter, before coming back to tie the game in the quarter but could not sustain that momentum as Halifax carried a 6 point lead into the 4th quarter.
Brandon Robinson led the STORM attack with 22 points to go with 7 rebounds and 4 assists. Louis Birdsong scored 20 and grabbed 5 rebounds while Mike Martin scored 19 to go with 9 rebounds.
Kevin Young was the difference in the game for the Rainmen as he scored 23 points, grabbed 8 rebounds, and had 6 steals. Emmanuel Jones scored 23 to go with 7 boards.
The STORM play next at home Sunday January 25th against the Moncton Miracles at 2pm at Eastlink Centre.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from January 18, 2015
- Lightning Strike Power - London Lightning
- Power Fall Short in London, 98-90 - Mississauga Power
- Rainmen Halt Storm Winning Streak in Exciting Fashion - Halifax Rainmen
- Storm Win Streak Ends in Halifax - Island Storm
- Miracles Lose Their Third Straight against the Express - Moncton Miracles
- Shorthanded Express Get Help from Bench in Victory - Windsor Express
- Another Road Game Gets Away from Express - Windsor Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.