Lightning Strike Power
(LONDON, Ontario) - Sunday afternoon, in front of 4,981fans at Budweiser Gardens, the London Lightning defeated the Mississauga Power, 98-90.
The Lightning now stand at 12-8.
"We were on the same page defensively," said Coach Carlos Knox. "For the most part, we came together as a team and put forth a solid effort."
Marvin Phillips led the Lightning in scoring with 23 points. Emmanuel Little led in rebounding with 16 and also chipped in 18 points. Jonathan Mills scored 15 points and 12 rebounds.
Tyrone Garland led the Power in scoring with 16 points.
The Lightning play their next game at home on Sunday, January 25 at against the Brampton A's. Doors to the Budweiser Gardens will be open early to welcome the 3rd Annual 'Battle of the Badges' game between the police and fire departments. Coach Knox will play for 'Team Police' and Assistant Coach Elvin Mims will play for 'Team Fire'. Fans can get into the game with a ticket for the Lightning game.
Tip-off for the Lightning game is at 2:00 p.m. and tickets are available through the Budweiser Gardens Box Office.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from January 18, 2015
- Lightning Strike Power - London Lightning
- Power Fall Short in London, 98-90 - Mississauga Power
- Rainmen Halt Storm Winning Streak in Exciting Fashion - Halifax Rainmen
- Storm Win Streak Ends in Halifax - Island Storm
- Miracles Lose Their Third Straight against the Express - Moncton Miracles
- Shorthanded Express Get Help from Bench in Victory - Windsor Express
- Another Road Game Gets Away from Express - Windsor Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.