Anaheim Ducks Assign Curran to Gulls
SAN DIEGO - The Anaheim Ducks announced today that the National Hockey League (NHL) club has assigned defenseman Kodie Curran to the San Diego Gulls, Anaheim's primary development affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL).
Curran, 31 (12/18/89), began this season with San Diego, scoring 1-1=2 points with a +1 rating in two games, including his first career AHL goal Feb. 5 vs. Bakersfield. The 6-2, 200-pound blueliner has earned 1-6=7 points with a +5 rating and 18 PIM in 22 career AHL games with San Diego and Hartford.
Signed as a free agent June 1, 2020, Curran played the last two seasons with Rogle BK of the Swedish Hockey League (SHL), collecting 24-62=86 points with a +13 rating and 91 penalty minutes (PIM) in 97 games. He was named the SHL's 2019-20 MVP and Defenseman of the Year after picking up 12-37=49 points with a +8 rating in 48 games. Curran led SHL defensemen in points and assists last season, while also recording the most points of any foreign-born player.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 19, 2021
- Tynan's Three-Point Night Propels Eagles to 4-2 Victory - Colorado Eagles
- Moose Edge Toronto, 2-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Marlies and Moose Split Four-Game Series - Toronto Marlies
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Curran to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego Gulls and iHeartMedia San Diego to Launch Weekly SoCal Hockey Talk Radio Show - San Diego Gulls
- Vladar Stands Tall, Senyshyn Scores Game-Winner as P-Bruins Beat Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 1-0 - Providence Bruins
- Moose Announce Three Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Skarek Can't Save Sound Tigers in 1-0 Setback - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Jalen Smereck Auctions Jersey for Detroit Ice Dreams - Tucson Roadrunners
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Rocket February 19th - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Condors Host San Diego at 6 p.m. on AHLtv and Fox Sports 970 - Bakersfield Condors
- Monsters Announce Trio of Roster Moves - Cleveland Monsters
- Sound Tigers Complete Homestand Today against Bruins - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Marlies Fall Short in 4-2 Final - Toronto Marlies
- Moose Earn First Win of New Season - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.