Anaheim Assigns J.P. Levasseur and Recalls Ray Emery from Syracuse
Syracuse, NY (March 7, 2011) - The Syracuse Crunch announced today that the Anaheim Ducks have assigned goaltender J.P. Levasseur to Syracuse and recalled goaltender Ray Emery.
Levasseur, 24, has appeared in 36 games for the Crunch this season, going 8-20-3 with a 2.97 goals against average, .912 save percentage and four shutouts. His four shutouts are tied for eighth among all AHL goaltenders. Levasseur was named the Reebok/AHL Player of the Week for the week ending December 19, 2010 after going 2-0-0 with a 1.50 goals against average and .960 save percentage. A native of Victoriaville, Quebec, Levasseur was selected by Anaheim in the seventh round, 197th overall, in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
Emery, 28, has appeared in five games with the Crunch this season, going 4-1-0 with a 1.98 goals against and .943 save percentage. He was previously recalled by Anaheim on February 23, but did not appear in a game with the Ducks. A native of Hamilton, Ontario, Emery has appeared in 163 career NHL games with Ottawa and Philadelphia since the 2002-03 season, going 87-51-15-11 with a 2.70 goals against average .907 save percentage and 11 shutouts. He skated in 29 games with the Flyers last season, going 16-11-1-3 with a 2.64 goals against average and .905 save percentage before getting sidelined with a hip injury.
The Crunch return home on Friday, March 11 to battle Texas at 7:30 p.m. at The Oncenter War Memorial Arena. Season and single-game tickets for the 2010-11 season are on sale and can be purchased by calling the Crunch office at (315) 473- 4444, or by stopping by the Crunch office at The Oncenter War Memorial Arena, located at 800 South State Street in downtown Syracuse.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 7, 2011
- Hogs Rebound and Pickup Three Points in Week 22 - Rockford IceHogs
- Anaheim Assigns J.P. Levasseur and Recalls Ray Emery from Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Rivermen Receive Akim Aliu from Atlanta - Peoria Rivermen
- Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Barons Sign Andrew Lord; Clear Day Roster Announced Tomorrow - Oklahoma City Barons
- Red-Hot Griffins Embark on Four-Game Road Swing - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Wolves Go Green for Annual St. Patrick's Day Fundraiser - Chicago Wolves
- Hamilton Bulldogs Weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Lightning Sign Center Tyler Johnson from WHL - Norfolk Admirals
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Sound Tigers Release Liotti, Isles Return Wshart - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Worcester Sharks to Host 2nd Annual MSHCA High-School All-Star Game - Worcester Sharks
- Bears Acquire Left Wing Andrew Kozek on Loan from Chicago - Hershey Bears
- Kozek To Join Hershey Bears - Chicago Wolves
- 5 Games In 6 Nights Begins Tuesday In Portland - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Squeeze Past Stars 3-1 - Texas Stars
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Crunch Outshine Stars, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Canucks Recall Victor Oreskovich - Manitoba Moose
- Providence's Trent Whitfield Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Blues Recall Hensick on Emergency Basis - Peoria Rivermen
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Crunch Announce Aspen Dental,Make-A-Wish Foundation Details - Syracuse Crunch
- New Book, Long-Time AHL Coach on Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Game Day Preview: Syracuse at Texas - Texas Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Comets Outlast Crunch, 4-3
- Crunch Shutout Devils, 4-0
- Tampa Bay Lightning Acquire Mitch Hults from Anaheim Ducks
- Tampa Bay Lightning Assign Forward Cory Conacher to Syracuse Crunch
- Tampa Bay Lightning Assign Forward Danick Martel to Syracuse Crunch for Conditioning Stint