Anaheim Arsenal Awarded Three Allocation Players
ANAHEIM, Calif. (Nov. 4, 2008) - Cedric Bozeman and T.J. Cummings, both former UCLA basketball standouts, and Ayinde Ubaka, formerly a California Golden Bear, have been allocated to the Anaheim Arsenal for the 2008-09 season.
Bozeman appeared in 23 games with five starts for the Atlanta Hawks, an NBA affiliate of the Arsenal, during the 2006-07 NBA season. At UCLA, he led the Bruins to the 2006 NCAA Tournament championship as a senior and started all 28 games and led the Pac-10 with 5.54 assists per game during his junior season. Bozeman played high school basketball at Mater Dei High School in Santa Ana, where he was a McDonald's All-American.
Cummings, the son of NBA great Terry Cummings, was a third round draft pick of the Albuquerque Thunderbirds in 2005. He averaged 12.6 points and 6.4 rebounds per game en route to winning the NBA D-League Championship as a rookie with the Thunderbirds. Cummings played in Korea last season.
Ubaka earned first team All-Pac-10 honors as a junior at Cal and was named honorable mention All-Conference as a senior. He played for the Charlotte Bobcats 2007 Summer League team in Orlando.
The three allocation players will join local tryout invitee Jason Harris and returning players Mike Efevberha, Noel Felix, and Mario Boggan when training camp begins on November 14.
The Arsenal will hold its 2008 NBA Development League Draft party at National Sports Grill at 450 N. State College Blvd. tomorrow afternoon. The eighth annual draft will air live on NBA TV and be streamed online beginning at 4:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 6, 2008
- Mad Ants Announce Allocated and Returning Players - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Idaho Stampede Announce Returning and Allocated Players - Idaho Stampede
- Joe Crawford and Brandon Heath Highlight D-Fenders Training Camp Invitees (11/6/08) - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Toros Announce Returning and Allocated Players - Austin Spurs
- Jackson, Ingram, Hall Among Seven Set to Report to Flash Camp - Utah Flash
- 66ers Announce Allocated and Returning Players - Tulsa 66ers
- Anaheim Arsenal Awarded Three Allocation Players - Anaheim Arsenal
- SKYFORCE ANNOUNCES 2008-09 TRAINING CAMP INVITEES - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Colorado 14ers Single Game Tickets On Sale Friday - Colorado 14ers
- Long Time NBA Coach Bob Hill to Lead NBA Development League Coaching Consultants - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.