Anaheim Arsenal Announce American Cancer Society's Relay for Life Night
Anaheim, CA (February 26, 2009) - The Anaheim Arsenal are proud to announce their recent partnership with American Cancer Society Orange County Region. On March 20, the community is invited to attend Relay For Life Night with the Anaheim Arsenal. Cancer survivors will receive a complimentary ticket, which can be redeemed by contacting the Anaheim Arsenal at 714-635-2255. Additional tickets at $12, $10 and $5 may also be purchased. The Anaheim Arsenal versus Iowa Energy game will begin at 7 p.m.
To honor the community's cancer survivors, the evening will include survivors, who will circle the court during a special on-court survivor recognition. Both organizations feel this is a unique opportunity for the Orange County community to come together to raise cancer awareness, celebrate people who have battled cancer, remember those we have lost, and fight back against the disease.
"By having this special on-court recognition for cancer survivors (anyone who has ever been diagnosed with cancer) it serves as a reminder that our community is not immune to this disease and we can actually help our friends, families and neighbors that have been touched by cancer," says Steve Bell, American Cancer Society Regional Lead Relay For Life Volunteer.
As part of the Anaheim Arsenal partnership, the Arsenal staff, Dance Team A-List Girls and fans will be recruiting participants to join one of three Arsenal Relay teams. For more information about joining the Arsenal Relay teams, please contact Greg Mundweil, Anaheim Arsenal at 714-635-2255.
The American Cancer Society is dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by saving lives, diminishing suffering and preventing cancer through research, education, advocacy and service. Founded in 1913 and with national headquarters in Atlanta, the Society has 13 regional Divisions and local offices in 3,400 communities, involving millions of volunteers across the United States. For more information anytime, call toll free 1-800-ACS-2345 or visit www.cancer.org.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 26, 2009
- Dawson helps Toros win six straight against T-Birds - Austin Spurs
- Skyforce defeat Energy 117-109 - Iowa Wolves
- Jordan shatters franchise assist record in win - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- BayHawks win Eighth Straight - Erie BayHawks
- Bakersfield Survives D-Fenders Late Rally for Win - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Toronto Raptors Assign Nathan Jawai To Idaho Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- Toronto's Jawai Assigned To Idaho Stampede - G League
- Anaheim Arsenal Announce American Cancer Society's Relay for Life Night - Anaheim Arsenal
- Toros acquire Jamaal Thomas - Austin Spurs
- Bighorns add a Physical Presence in Alton Ford - Reno Bighorns
- BayHawks Players Serve as Celebrity Bartenders - Erie BayHawks
- Touchstone Energy Cooperatives Rescheduled Basketball Camps - Dakota Wizards
- NBA D-League Developments for February 26th - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.