Americans Fall 6-2 to Conference Leading Silvertips
The Americans matched up against the Everett Silvertips today at Angel of the Winds Arena, falling 6-2.
Tomas Suchanek started in net for the Americans for the second straight game after his return from an upper body injury. The Czech netminder kept the Americans in the game as he held Everett scoreless until the midway point of the second period.
Michael Gut finally opened scoring 9:09 into the second period with a power play goal. Hunter Campbell followed five minutes later with another goal for the Silvertips. They carried a 2-0 lead into the second intermission.
Suchanek turned aside 43 of 45 shots faced through the first two periods.
Tonight's game winning goal came from Ronan Seeley 2:35 into the third period. Matthew Ng followed less than thirty seconds later with Everett's fourth goal of the night.
Nick Avakyan relieved Tomas Suchanek in net for the remainder of the game.
Everett's string of goals continued as Niko Huuhtanen added another at 5:47 for the third Silvertips goal in just over three minutes.
The Americans finally broke through two minutes later on the power play as Ethan Ernst scored with a wrist shot from the right circle. Marc Lajoie and Tyson Greenway received assists on the goal. Greenway now has one assist in each of the last four games. Ernst, who joined the Americans on October 23rd, has scored six goals in nine games with the team.
Hunter Campbell scored a sixth and final goal of the night for the Silvertips.
The Americans continued to play hard in the final minutes of the game. With 1:12 remaining, Petr Moravec scored backdoor on Silvertips netminder Braden Holt with a one-timer from the bottom of the right circle. Jake Sloan assisted the goal as he sent the puck across the crease to Moravec.
Sasha Mutala returned to the Americans lineup tonight. The 20-year-old right winger was reassigned by the Colorado Eagles three weeks ago.
Final Score: 6-2 Everett
Final Shots: 56-20 Everett
The Americans return to the Toyota Center on Friday to take on the Vancouver Giants for the first time since the 2019-20 season. Single game tickets can be purchased at the Toyota Center Box Office or online from Ticketmaster.
Images from this story
Tri-City Americans center Petr Moravec vs. the Everett Silvertips
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from November 25, 2021
- Silvertips Set Franchise Point Streak Record, Improve to 16-0-1 with Win over Americans - Everett Silvertips
- Rebels Second Year Defenceman Mayo Continuing to Develop in Positive Fashion - Red Deer Rebels
- Kelowna Rockets Preview For November 26 And 27 Games - Kelowna Rockets
- ICE Reassign Harmacy - Winnipeg Ice
- Single Game Tickets Available For All Home Games, Rockets Announce Teddy Bear Toss Game - Kelowna Rockets
- Penalty Trouble Sinks Broncos in Loss to ICE - Swift Current Broncos
- Hawks Edged by Giants in Back-And-Forth Tilt - Portland Winterhawks
- Americans Fall 6-2 to Conference Leading Silvertips - Tri-City Americans
- Depleted T-Birds Fall to Kamloops - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Bedard's OT Winner Lifts Pats Past Canes - Regina Pats
- Second-Period Breakdowns Prove Costly to Rebels - Red Deer Rebels
- Winterhawks Earn Point on Thanksgiving Eve - Portland Winterhawks
- Chiefs Get Monkey off Back with First Home Win of 2021-22 Season - Spokane Chiefs
- Chiefs Down Rockets 2-1 - Kelowna Rockets
- Oil Kings Take Down Rebels in Central Division Showdown - Edmonton Oil Kings
- ICE, Alexander Shutout Swift Current Broncos 7-0 - Winnipeg Ice
- Raiders Fall to Warriors - Prince Albert Raiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tri-City Americans Stories
- PetSmart Donates Stuffed Toys to Tri-City Americans Teddy Bear Toss Game
- Americans Battle Back to Earn Point, Fall Short in Overtime
- Americans Host Royals in Weekday Matchup at Toyota Center
- Americans Host Toy Drive Benefiting Toys for Tots
- Americans Suffer 5-1 Loss in Seattle