Americans Announce Several Roster Moves
Allen, Texas - The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild (NHL), and Iowa Wild (AHL), announced today that defenseman Turner Ottenbreit has signed a professional tryout with Iowa.
The Yorkton, SASK, native is in his second season in Allen. In 23 games with the Americans this season, he has 8 points (2 goals and 8 assists). Ottenbreit played in 30 games for Iowa last season and had two points and 30 penalty minutes.
With the loss of a defenseman, the Americans get two back from the Wild. Matt Register, who leads the ECHL in assists this year with 17, and Philip Beaulieu return after a short stint in the American Hockey League. The club also receives forward Josh Maser from Iowa. Maser played in two games this season with the Wild and has a goal and no assists for one point. The native of Houston, BC, played three and a half seasons with Prince George of the Western Hockey League, where he was coached by former Americans Assistant Coach Richard Matvichuk.
The Americans return to action on Thursday night against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits, in the first-ever meeting between the two teams. Allen will play three games against the Eastern Conference opponent, the first and only meeting against a team from the East this season.
The Americans next home game is March 3rd against the Utah Grizzlies. Call 972-912-1000 for tickets.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 24, 2021
- Game Preview (2/25/2021): Swamp Rabbits vs. Americans, 7:05 PM - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- 3rd Period Comeback Secures Stingrays One Point - South Carolina Stingrays
- Blades Short Rays in Eighth Straight Win - Florida Everblades
- Hot Goaltending Leads Fuel to Victory - Wheeling Nailers
- Indy Dominates Wheeling in Wednesday Night Matchup - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - February 24 - ECHL
- Rush Announce Final Wave of 2020-21 Promotional Schedule - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Debuts New Website - Wichita Thunder
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Everblades, February 24 at 7:30 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Americans Announce Several Roster Moves - Allen Americans
- Blades to Chase Eighth Straight Win - Florida Everblades
- Parkkonen's Game Winner Knocks off KC - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Fight Hard, Fall 4-3 in OT - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.