Game Preview: Stingrays at Everblades, February 24 at 7:30 PM
SC Stingrays at Florida Everblades
Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at the Hertz Arena at 7:30 PM
Broadcast Info: Watch live on FloHockey | Listen via Mixlr
About Today's Game: Coming off a pair of overtime losses in Jacksonville last weekend, the South Carolina Stingrays are down in Estero, Florida to begin a 3-game series against the Everblades Wednesday night at Hertz Arena. The Rays are looking for revenge after Florida came away with three straight wins in the last series between the two in North Charleston earlier this month. The Everblades have been the hottest team in the ECHL, winning seven consecutive games and securing points in nine straight. Their last loss came at home to SC on Jan. 29. Florida holds second place in the Eastern Conference standings with a points percentage of .780. The Rays are looking to make up ground in the standings and are currently tied with Orlando for fourth place in the east (0.522). The Everblades have the league's top offense and best defense, scoring just under four goals per game while allowing only 2.20 tallies per contest. SC ranks eighth in the league on the power play with a 14.5% conversion rate.
Scouting the Everblades: Florida is in second place in the ECHL's Eastern Conference after 25 games with a 19-5-0-1 record. The Blades have earned points in nine straight games and are 10-2-0-1 at home this season. Their top offensive attack is led by captain John McCarron, who has totaled 24 points in 25 games on 13 goals and 11 assists. Just behind him is forward Michael Huntebrinker, who has earned 23 points with a team-leading 14 goals along with nine assists. Forward Alex Kile has also reached the 20-point mark (8g, 12a), while attacker Blake Winiecki has 18 points (8g, 10a). Defender Logan Roe has continued his dominance at the ECHL level, posting nine points (3g, 6a) as well as a league-high +27 rating. In net, Devin Cooley has appeared in 12 games while earning a 7-4-0 record with one shutout, a goals-against of 2.32 and a 0.923 save percentage.
Upcoming Home Games
Wednesday, March 3 vs. Jacksonville, 7:05 p.m.
Friday, March 5 vs. Jacksonville, 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, March 6 vs. Jacksonville, 6:05 p.m.
Friday, March 19 vs. Fort Wayne, 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, March 20 vs. Fort Wayne, 6:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 24, 2021
- Game Preview (2/25/2021): Swamp Rabbits vs. Americans, 7:05 PM - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- 3rd Period Comeback Secures Stingrays One Point - South Carolina Stingrays
- Blades Short Rays in Eighth Straight Win - Florida Everblades
- Hot Goaltending Leads Fuel to Victory - Wheeling Nailers
- Indy Dominates Wheeling in Wednesday Night Matchup - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - February 24 - ECHL
- Rush Announce Final Wave of 2020-21 Promotional Schedule - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Debuts New Website - Wichita Thunder
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Everblades, February 24 at 7:30 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Americans Announce Several Roster Moves - Allen Americans
- Blades to Chase Eighth Straight Win - Florida Everblades
- Parkkonen's Game Winner Knocks off KC - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Fight Hard, Fall 4-3 in OT - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent South Carolina Stingrays Stories
- Jurusik Makes 40 Saves in Pro Debut, Leads Rays to Comeback Win in Shootout
- Shepard Re-Assigned to South Carolina
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Nailers, April 9 at 7:10 PM
- Stingrays Come up Short to Indy in OT
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Indy Fuel, April 7 at 7:05 PM