American Association Game Recaps
August 17, 2018 - American Association (AA) News Release
Sioux City 6, Winnipeg 2- Box Score
The South Division leading Sioux City Explorers (61-22) took one step closer towards the single-season wins record by topping the Winnipeg Goldeyes (36-48) by a score of 6-2 on Friday.
The Explorers road RBIs by Luis Durango, Michale Lang, Jose Sermo, Dean Green, Blake Schmidt and Dylan Kelly. Sermo's RBI came via a solo home run.
Justin Vernia (10-1) was awarded the win.
The Sioux City needs to win 15 of its final 17 games to break the 75-game mark set by themselves back in 2015.
The Goldeyes scored both their runs of a 2-run home run by Tucker Nathans.
St. Paul 10, Fargo-Moorhead 1- Box Score
The St. Paul Saints (49-36) homered four times in a 10-1 win over the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks (45-38) on Friday.
Maxx Murphy, Burt Reynolds, Brandon Shoemaker, and Justin O'Conner all went deep for the Saints.
Jake Matthys (7-7) earned the win after giving up just one unearned run in 6.1 innings of work.
With the win, St. Paul was able to maintain its half game lead over the Gary SouthShore RailCats for first place in the North Division, while pushing its lead over the RedHawks to three games.
Lincoln 8, Texas 1- Box Score
Randolph Oduber (4-for-6) finished a home run short of the cycle to help the Lincoln Saltdogs (41-42) top the Texas AirHogs (21-62) 8-1 on Friday.
Oduber drove in one in the process. Curt Smith (3-for-5) hit his 17th home run and drove in two. Cesar Valera also went 3-for-5 with two RBIs.
Kyle Kinman (6-3) gave up just one earned in eight innings of work to earn the win.
Chicago Dogs 5, Wichita 2- Box Score
The Chicago Dogs (35-47) rallied to top the Wichita Wingnuts (51-33) 5-2 on Friday.
The Dogs scored one tied the game at 2-2 in the seventh before pulling away with two in the eighth and one in the ninth.
Ruben Silva (3-for-5), Dean Blaser, Stephen Perez, and Michael Falsetti all drove in runners for Chicago. Perez drove in two and went 2-for-3 with a triple.
Angel Reyes hit a solo home run for Wichita.
With the loss, the Wingnuts fell to 1.5 games out of second place in the South Division.
Gary SouthShore 4, Sioux Falls 3- Box Score
The GarySouthShore RailCats (47-35) held on to defeat the Sioux Falls Canaries (34-50) 4-3 on Friday.
The RailCats scored all four of their runs in the bottom of the first with Colin Willis, Ronnie Mitchell, and Wilfredo Giminez driving in runners.
Maxx Garrett cut the deficit to two with a two-run home run in the top of the fifth and the Canaries scored on a bases loaded walk in the top of the seventh to make it 4-3, but the scoring ended there.
With the win, Gary SouthShore remains within a half game of the St. Paul Saints for first place in the North Division.
Kansas City 6, Cleburne 5 (F/11)- Box Score
The Kansas City T-Bones (52-31) picked up an extra-inning walk off win for the second straight day on Friday.
The Railroaders took a 5-4 lead in the top of the eleventh. Then in the bottom of the inning, Alay Lago (3-for-4) hit a two-run double to end the game.
Colin Walsh homered for the T-Bones and Patrick Palmeiro homered for Cleburne. With the win, Kansas City now holds a 1.5 game lead for second place in the South Division.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 17, 2018
- Second Consecutive Walk-Off Win in Extra Innings - Kansas City T-Bones
- Birds Comeback Falls Short at RailCats - Sioux Falls Canaries
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Stellar Bullpen, Three More Silva Hits Leads Dogs to 5-2 Win - Chicago Dogs
- Railroaders Walked off in 11th - Cleburne Railroaders
- Saints Flex Their Muscles in 10-1 Win over RedHawks - St. Paul Saints
- Dogs Win Bullpen Battle in Series Opener - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saltdogs Dominate AirHogs 8-1 in Series Opener - Lincoln Saltdogs
- 4-Run First Guides Gary to 4-3 Victory over Sioux Falls - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Explorers Pull Away Late on Goldeyes - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Railroaders Make Pair of Roster Moves - Cleburne Railroaders
- Goldeyes Sign Rookie Outfielder Adams - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Dogs Come from Behind for Extra-Innings Victory - Chicago Dogs
- T-Bones Win Seesaw Battle with Walk-Off Home Run in Extra Innings - Kansas City T-Bones
- Saltdogs Drop Slugfest in Wichita - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Late Thomas Homer Lifts Wingnuts to Win - Wichita Wingnuts
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Birds Drop Finale to Saints After Big Eighth Inning - Sioux Falls Canaries
- AirHogs Rally Past RailRoaders 4-3 - Texas AirHogs
- Grand Finale: Saints Slam Canaries with Late Comeback, 8-4 - St. Paul Saints
- X's Unable to Cash in on Chances and Fall to Dogs in Extras - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.