American Association Game Recaps
August 9, 2018 - American Association (AA) News Release
Sioux Falls 3, Fargo-Moorhead 1 - Box Score
The Sioux Falls Canaries put up a pair of runs in the bottom of the first inning and never trailed on the way to a 3-1 win against the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
SS Jordan Dean scored the game's first run on a wild pitch in the first inning. On the next pitch, 1B David Bergin scored as DH Chris Grayson bounced out. C Maxx Garrett pushed the lead to 3-0 with a solo home run in the sixth inning, his ninth of the season.
In the ninth, Fargo-Moorhead scored its only run of the night when SS Yhoxian Medina singled home C Charlie Valerio.
St. Paul 7, Gary SouthShore 5 - Box Score
The St. Paul Saints cut off a Gary SouthShore RailCats' rally in the ninth inning to claim a 7-5 win.
The Saints took the lead in the bottom of the second inning when DH Brady Shoemaker (2-for-4) hit a lead-off home run. Later in the inning, C Justin O'Conner singled home 3B Dante Bichette Jr., and in the next at-bat, SS Joey Wong (2-for-2) hit an RBI single. O'Conner scored the final run of the rally on an error.
The RailCats scored in the fourth when C Wilfredo Gimenez hit an RBI single but the Saints added two more runs in the fifth on a home run from RF Max Murphy. Bichette Jr. scored again in the sixth for the Saints' final run.
In the ninth, the RailCats posted four runs thanks to RBIs from DH Alex Crosby, 3B Randy Santiesteban and two from LF Ronnie Mitchell (2-for-5) but couldn't close the gap any more.
Sioux City 7, Kansas City 5 - Box Score
The Sioux City Explorers made their early 7-0 lead hold up for a 7-5 win against the Kansas City T-Bones on Thursday night.
Sioux City put four runs on the scoreboard in the bottom of the first inning starting with two on a double SS Nate Samson (4-for-5). Samson scored when 3B Jose Sermo lifted a sac fly and LF Blake Schmit scored the final run of the rally thanks to an error by the catcher. A three-run home run from DH Daniel Jackson in the sixth provided all of the offense the Explorers needed on the night.
The T-Bones scored all five of their runs in the top of the eighth inning. SS Mason Davis singled in the first run and he scored alongside Ryan Brett when 3B Colin Walsh (2-for-3) singled. CF Todd Cunningham drew a bases-loaded walk and he scored on a sac fly from C Adrian Nieto.
Lincoln 9, Texas 4 - Box Score
The Lincoln Saltdogs knocked off the Texas AirHogs 9-4 despite being outhit 8-7.
Six different Saltdogs recorded hits in the game but just one of them had more than one. C Dashenko Ricardo ended up with two hits as he went 2-for-5 with an RBI. LF Brandon Jacobs went 1-for-4 with four RBIs including his 15th home run of the season, giving him the second most in the American Association this season.
For the AirHogs, DH Greg Golson went 2-for-4 with and hit his first home run of the year. C Jesse Baker also had a pair of hits as he went 2-for-3.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 9, 2018
- Saints Prove to be Men of Steele, Hold on for 7-5 Victory - St. Paul Saints
- Walks Add up in Saltdogs Series-Opening Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- 4-run ninth inning not enough in 7-5 loss to St. Paul - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Canaries Win Third Straight Behind Seyler's Gem - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Stars Will Shine Brightest at CHS Field in 2019 as Saints to Host American Association All-Star Game - St. Paul Saints
- Saltdogs Hosting Larry the Cable Guy for Git-R-Done Night - Lincoln Saltdogs
- T-Bones Sign Right-Handed Pitcher Wirkin Estevez - Kansas City T-Bones
- Wingnuts Finish off Sweep of Explorers - Sioux City Explorers
- AirHogs Rally Comes up Short in Kansas City - Texas AirHogs
- Cleburne Takes Rubber Match from Winnipeg in Ninth Inning Rally - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Three More Homers Lead Dogs to Series Victory over RedHawks - Chicago Dogs
- Wingnuts Turn Triple Play, Sweep Explorers - Wichita Wingnuts
- Wooten Pitches Saltdogs to Rubber Match Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Keury De La Cruz Crushes Two Homers in Loss to Dogs - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- KC Pins the Hogs 4-2 for Series Sweep - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Railroaders Win Second Consecutive Series - Cleburne Railroaders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.