Amarillo Slips, Falls To Colorado
Amarillo, TX 11/25/09 - The Amarillo Gorillas could not overcome a five-goal deficit, losing to the Colorado Eagles 10-4.
Colorado jumped out to a fast start, scoring the game's first four goals. After not playing in both games versus Amarillo this season, forward Ed McGrane struck twice (his fifth and sixth goals on the season) at the 2:19 & 8:02 marks. Defensemen Aaron Schneekloth and Felipe Larranaga chipped in as well, scoring their second and third goals on the season. End of one period, Colorado 4 Amarillo 0.
Colorado continued to make plays, scoring 5 goals in the period. Amarillo forwards Jake Morissette and Austin Sutter netted the Gorillas' goals of the period at the 5:22 & 13:39 marks. Stuart MacRae earned assists on both Amarillo goals to extend his point streak to 5 games. End of two, Colorado 9 Amarillo 2.
Amarillo put two goals on the board in the third with Jason Beeman and Gordon Bell goals. The final score Colorado 10 Amarillo 4.
With two assists tonight, Amarillo's Stuart MacRae extended his points streak to 5 games.Gorillas goaltender Tuomas Lohtander was pulled after playing 12:06 minutes.9 of Amarillo's last 17 road goals have come in the final period of play.
The good guys return to the Amarillo Civic Center the day after Thanksgiving to host the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees beginning at 7pm this Friday. Purchase your tickets quickly, as the first 1,000 sold are going for only $4! Call 806-242-PUCK!
The "4 for 44" ticket deal is underway. Receive 4 tickets, 4 sodas, and 4 hot dogs for $44 when you call the Gorillas office at 806.242.PUCK (7825).
The AMARILLO GORILLAS are offering unthinkable season seat deals for the 2009-10 season in 'The Jungle'! Purchase your show tickets today by calling (806) 242-PUCK (7825) and receive all the benefits of being a season seat holder.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 25, 2009
- Rush Continue To Roll With 3-1 Win Over Thunder - Rapid City Rush
- Biggie-Sized Win, Eagles Score 10 - Colorado Eagles
- Allen Loses Tough One To Mississippi 3-1 - Allen Americans
- Franck Holds Of Mudbugs In Rio, Bees Win 5-3 - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Thunder Falls To Rush - Wichita Thunder
- RiverKings Rally Past Americans - Mississippi RiverKings
- Amarillo Slips, Falls To Colorado - Amarillo Gorillas
- Jacks Beat Texas, 5-3, For Road Win - Odessa Jackalopes
- Texas Trails Odessa 5-3 On Thanksgiving Eve - Fort Worth Brahmas
- RiverKings Add Schwartzbauer, Trade For Cooper, Announce Date Change - Mississippi RiverKings
- Shop The Locker Room For The Holidays - Mississippi RiverKings
- IceRays Donate 17,000 Lbs To Food Bank Of Corpus Christi - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Killer Bees Sign Brett Clouthier To Five-Game Contract - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Games, Skating And Lasers Fill Up NYTEX This Week - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavs Sign All-Star Defenseman Mike Burgoyne And Goaltender Alexandre Vincent - Kansas City Mavericks
- Bucks Host Rival Mudbugs Friday, $5 Tickets Available - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.