Bucks Host Rival Mudbugs Friday, $5 Tickets Available
LAREDO, TX- The Laredo Bucks of the Central Hockey League finish up their season-high five-game homestand Friday when they host their biggest rivals, the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs at the LEC. Game time is 7:30pm. HEB will hold Customer Value night, offering $5 tickets. Call 718-BUCK (2825) to order your $5 tickets!! $5 Tickets are also available at www.ticketmaster.com, as well at all ticketmaster outlets.
Friday November 27, 2009: (Game 14, Home Game 8)
Bossier-Shreveport (7-6, 14pts) at Laredo (7-3-3, 17pts) 7:30pm, LEC
Radio: Imagen 94.1-FM (pre-game show 7:10pm)
LISTEN IN LEC: 105.3-FM
Online Radio: www.laredobucks.com, or http://rmx.com.mx/_principal.asp?region5
TV: CHL-TV (http://chltv.insinc.com/)
All-time series (Regular season): Bucks trail 7-13-2
2009-10: Bucks lead series 1-0
Last Meeting: 10/16/09: LAR 6, @BOS 1
After winning a season-high four straight games the Bucks are now winless in their last two, posting an 0-1-1 mark last weekend. Laredo lost two tough home games last weekend, falling to Odessa 4-3 in a shootout on Friday, before being shutout 2-0 by Texas on Saturday. The Bucks are currently 2-1-1on their season-high five-game homestand.
The Bucks enter tonight's game having played the least amount of games (13) in the Southern Conference, but are just four points back of second-place Allen in the standings.
Laredo enters Friday's game with a chance to do something that's never been done in team history, sweep the Mudbugs in the regular season series. Laredo is 1-0 against Bossier this season, and could sweep them with a win Friday. Jeff Bes (1-23), Darryl Smith (2-13) and Lance Monych (2-13) had big games against the Mudbugs in Laredo's 6-1 season-opening win on October 16th.
Bes leads the Bucks in scoring with 17 (5-1217) points, but has been held pointless in the last three contests. Igor Agarunov played in his 300th professional game last Saturday night, and will tie Steve Weidlich Friday night for third-place all-time in Bucks history with 301 games played.
The Mudbugs make a quick two-game South Texas swing this week, playing at Rio Grande Valley Wednesday before traveling to the LEC Friday night.
Bossier currently sits in fifth-place in the Northern Conference, and are just three points behind Colorado for second-place.
The Bucks will travel to Corpus Saturday before hosting the Ice Rays back at the LEC on Sunday.
**TEDDY **BEAR** TOSS FRIDAY NIGHT**
Also on Friday (Nov. 27th) the Bucks will hold their Annual Teddy Bear Toss benefiting Jugeton's International. Fans can bring a teddy bear to the game and toss it onto the ice during the first intermission. For more information call 718-BUCK (2825).
"We look forward to having a big crowd to watch us play the day after Thanksgiving," Ruskowski said.
The Bucks will also hold a post game skate Friday night.
**BUCKS **HOST** ICE **RAYS** SUNDAY**
On Sunday (Nov. 29) the Bucks will host Corpus Christi at 4pm at the LEC. The first 1,000 fans to enter the LEC will receive a FREE CHL-TV Magnet, with a code to receive a FREE game on CHL-TV on December 4th when the Bucks are at Odessa.
Group tickets start at just $10, call 718-BUCK (2825) to order now!
The Bucks will also hold a post game skate Sunday night.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 25, 2009
- Rush Continue To Roll With 3-1 Win Over Thunder - Rapid City Rush
- Biggie-Sized Win, Eagles Score 10 - Colorado Eagles
- Allen Loses Tough One To Mississippi 3-1 - Allen Americans
- Franck Holds Of Mudbugs In Rio, Bees Win 5-3 - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Thunder Falls To Rush - Wichita Thunder
- RiverKings Rally Past Americans - Mississippi RiverKings
- Amarillo Slips, Falls To Colorado - Amarillo Gorillas
- Jacks Beat Texas, 5-3, For Road Win - Odessa Jackalopes
- Texas Trails Odessa 5-3 On Thanksgiving Eve - Fort Worth Brahmas
- RiverKings Add Schwartzbauer, Trade For Cooper, Announce Date Change - Mississippi RiverKings
- Shop The Locker Room For The Holidays - Mississippi RiverKings
- IceRays Donate 17,000 Lbs To Food Bank Of Corpus Christi - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Killer Bees Sign Brett Clouthier To Five-Game Contract - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Games, Skating And Lasers Fill Up NYTEX This Week - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavs Sign All-Star Defenseman Mike Burgoyne And Goaltender Alexandre Vincent - Kansas City Mavericks
- Bucks Host Rival Mudbugs Friday, $5 Tickets Available - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.