RiverKings Add Schwartzbauer, Trade For Cooper, Announce Date Change
(Southaven, MS) --- In advance of tonight's game against the Allen Americans, the Mississippi RiverKings of the Central Hockey League have made a couple of roster moves to bolster their attack.
The RiverKings have added defenseman Nathan Schwartzbauer to the roster and have acquired forward Kevin Cooper from the Texas Brahmas in a trade for future considerations.
Schwartzbauer comes to the RiverKings after playing two games with the Missouri Mavericks before being released earlier this season. It will be a reunion of sorts for the 6-foot-4, 215 pound Schwartzbauer and RiverKings coach Kevin Kaminski, who coached Schwartzbauer in the 2007-08 season at Youngstown.
In 64 games with the SteelHounds that year, the native of Wasilla, Alaska scored three times and added eight assists for eleven points and 62 points. He added no points in five playoff games that season for Youngstown.
In two games this season with Missouri, Schwartzbauer had no points.
Cooper comes to the RiverKings after playing in five games this season with the Brahmas, assisting on one goal. RiverKings' fans will know the Toronto, Ontario native better for his play with Bossier-Shreveport, where he played the two previous seasons. In 2007-08 and 2008-09, Cooper played in a total of 93 games, scored 43 goals and had 89 points with 62 penalty minutes.
Cooper added two goals and had five points with ten penalty minutes in eleven playoff contests with the Mudbugs.
Cooper also has had professional hockey experience in the ECHL, UHL, played four games internationally in Sweden and appeared in one game in the American Hockey League.
DATE CHANGE FOR BOSSIER-SHREVEPORT GAME ANNOUNCED
The date of the March 11th game with the RiverKings and Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs at Bossier City, Louisiana has been changed. The Central Hockey League has announced that the new date will be March 16th at the Century Tel Center in Bossier City. The contest will begin at 7:05 PM.
The RiverKings play the Allen Americans tonight at 7:30 PM in Allen, Texas. After a pair of games in Rapid City this weekend, Mississippi returns to Southaven to play the Colorado Eagles on Friday, December 4th, starting at 7:05 PM. It's "Teddy Bear Toss" night for the U.S. Marine Corps' "Toys for Tots" program. The Samaritans and Entergy's "Power to Care" program are the highlighted non-profit MVP of the night.
For more information on RiverKings tickets, call the RiverKings at 662-342-1755 or go online to www.riverkings.com
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 25, 2009
- Rush Continue To Roll With 3-1 Win Over Thunder - Rapid City Rush
- Biggie-Sized Win, Eagles Score 10 - Colorado Eagles
- Allen Loses Tough One To Mississippi 3-1 - Allen Americans
- Franck Holds Of Mudbugs In Rio, Bees Win 5-3 - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Thunder Falls To Rush - Wichita Thunder
- RiverKings Rally Past Americans - Mississippi RiverKings
- Amarillo Slips, Falls To Colorado - Amarillo Gorillas
- Jacks Beat Texas, 5-3, For Road Win - Odessa Jackalopes
- Texas Trails Odessa 5-3 On Thanksgiving Eve - Fort Worth Brahmas
- RiverKings Add Schwartzbauer, Trade For Cooper, Announce Date Change - Mississippi RiverKings
- Shop The Locker Room For The Holidays - Mississippi RiverKings
- IceRays Donate 17,000 Lbs To Food Bank Of Corpus Christi - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Killer Bees Sign Brett Clouthier To Five-Game Contract - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Games, Skating And Lasers Fill Up NYTEX This Week - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavs Sign All-Star Defenseman Mike Burgoyne And Goaltender Alexandre Vincent - Kansas City Mavericks
- Bucks Host Rival Mudbugs Friday, $5 Tickets Available - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.