Killer Bees Sign Brett Clouthier To Five-Game Contract
HIDALGO, TEXAS - The Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees of the Central Hockey League (CHL) today signed winger Brett Clouthier (CLOO-chee-ay) to a five-game contract. Clouthier, who had been playing with the American Hockey League's Providence Bruins, will be in the lineup tonight when the Killer Bees host the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs.
In eight games with the Boston Bruins affiliate this season, Clouthier posted 17 penalty minutes. Clouthier entered this season, his ninth as a pro, with 1,496 penalty minutes (PIM) in 502 regular season pro games.
The 28-year-old Ottawa, Ontario, native was drafted by the New Jersey Devils in the second round (50th overall) of the 1999 NHL Entry Draft. After three years of Major Junior experience with the Kingston Frontenacs (OHL), he played the better part of four seasons from 2001-2005 with New Jersey's American Hockey League affiliate in Albany, New York. He appeared in 221 games for the River Rats, collecting 22 points (11-11-22) and 619 PIM.
The 6-foot-5, 230-pound left wing signed with the Ottawa Senators AHL affiliate in Binghamton, New York, for the 2005-06 season and posted 202 PIM and six points (2-4-6) in 79 games before heading to England (EIHL) for the next four seasons. Clouthier spent 2006-07 with the Sheffield Steelers and then skated with the Manchester Phoenix from 2006-09. All totaled, he played in 177 EIHL games and collected 101 points (39-62-101) and 647 PIM.
After tonight's game, the Killer Bees hit the road for contests at Amarillo, Odessa and Allen this weekend. RGV returns home on Wednesday, Dec. 2 vs. the Laredo Bucks.
Winter Texans can purchase $6 tickets (advance purchase only) by calling 956-843-PUCK (7825). Hot dogs, popcorn and soda are $1 all night long for everyone.
Tickets are available at all TicketMaster outlets, including the arena box office, and online at www.killerbeehockey.com.
SAVE $40 WITH FAMILY FOUR PACKS!
Family Four Packs are all inclusive with meals and two free game pucks for just $72! Get Family Four-Packs by calling (956) 843-PUCK.
Killer Bees fundraisers are perfect for your organization. Why sell candy bars or junk from a catalog when you can sell something fun?! Make up to $6 per ticket. Call 956-843-PUCK (7825) and ask to speak to a Killer Bees Fan Experience Manager to find out more.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 25, 2009
- Rush Continue To Roll With 3-1 Win Over Thunder - Rapid City Rush
- Biggie-Sized Win, Eagles Score 10 - Colorado Eagles
- Allen Loses Tough One To Mississippi 3-1 - Allen Americans
- Franck Holds Of Mudbugs In Rio, Bees Win 5-3 - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Thunder Falls To Rush - Wichita Thunder
- RiverKings Rally Past Americans - Mississippi RiverKings
- Amarillo Slips, Falls To Colorado - Amarillo Gorillas
- Jacks Beat Texas, 5-3, For Road Win - Odessa Jackalopes
- Texas Trails Odessa 5-3 On Thanksgiving Eve - Fort Worth Brahmas
- RiverKings Add Schwartzbauer, Trade For Cooper, Announce Date Change - Mississippi RiverKings
- Shop The Locker Room For The Holidays - Mississippi RiverKings
- IceRays Donate 17,000 Lbs To Food Bank Of Corpus Christi - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Killer Bees Sign Brett Clouthier To Five-Game Contract - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Games, Skating And Lasers Fill Up NYTEX This Week - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavs Sign All-Star Defenseman Mike Burgoyne And Goaltender Alexandre Vincent - Kansas City Mavericks
- Bucks Host Rival Mudbugs Friday, $5 Tickets Available - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.