Jacks Beat Texas, 5-3, For Road Win
(N. Richland Hills, TX) - Five different players scored for the Odessa Jackalopes in a 5-3 win over the Texas Brahmas on Wednesday night at the NYTEX Sports Centre. The win improves Odessa's record to 13-2-2 on the season.
The scoring started on Sebastien Thinel's power play goal at 4:42 to give Odessa the 1-0 lead. It was the Jackalopes' 15th straight game scoring a power play goal. Tyler Skworchinski tied the game up with a goal at 11:06 for Texas. Kory Karlander scored for Odessa, on a two-on-one, with just 11 seconds left in the period to regain the one-goal lead. It was 2-1, Odessa, after one.
At 12:56 of the second period, Collin Circelli made it 3-1 Odessa with a power play goal -- his 12th of the season. The Brahmas made it 3-2 when Justin Kinnunen's wrist shot from the left circle trickled past Joel Martin along the left goal post at 13:57. The Jackalopes regained the two-goal lead on Jeff Pierce's breakaway goal at 18:12. Odessa led 4-2 after two periods.
Thinel picked up his second goal of the game in the third period after deflecting Dave Van Drunen's shot past Brett Jaeger at 5:39. Skworchinski scored his second goal of the game at 18:43 on a slap shot from the left circle to make it 5-3.
Kenny Bernard, Collin Circelli, Sebastien Thinel and Jeff Pierce all had multi-point games for Odessa. Joel Martin made 30 saves in net for the Jacks.
The Jackalopes return home for a three-game weekend starting on Friday against the Allen Americans. Game time is 7:05 PM and the action can be heard on 102.1 Jack FM.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is in the middle of their 13th season in the Permian Basin. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 25, 2009
- Rush Continue To Roll With 3-1 Win Over Thunder - Rapid City Rush
- Biggie-Sized Win, Eagles Score 10 - Colorado Eagles
- Allen Loses Tough One To Mississippi 3-1 - Allen Americans
- Franck Holds Of Mudbugs In Rio, Bees Win 5-3 - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Thunder Falls To Rush - Wichita Thunder
- RiverKings Rally Past Americans - Mississippi RiverKings
- Amarillo Slips, Falls To Colorado - Amarillo Gorillas
- Jacks Beat Texas, 5-3, For Road Win - Odessa Jackalopes
- Texas Trails Odessa 5-3 On Thanksgiving Eve - Fort Worth Brahmas
- RiverKings Add Schwartzbauer, Trade For Cooper, Announce Date Change - Mississippi RiverKings
- Shop The Locker Room For The Holidays - Mississippi RiverKings
- IceRays Donate 17,000 Lbs To Food Bank Of Corpus Christi - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Killer Bees Sign Brett Clouthier To Five-Game Contract - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Games, Skating And Lasers Fill Up NYTEX This Week - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavs Sign All-Star Defenseman Mike Burgoyne And Goaltender Alexandre Vincent - Kansas City Mavericks
- Bucks Host Rival Mudbugs Friday, $5 Tickets Available - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.