Alouettes Select Five Players from the RSEQ
Montreal - The Montreal Alouettes added plenty of local talent on Thursday night, as the team selected no less than five players from the RSÃQ in the CFL Draft.
With their first pick, the Montreal Alouettes selected defensive back Marc-Antoine Dequoy from the Université de Montréal Carabins in the second round (14th overall).
Dequoy (6'3", 190 lbs.) played four seasons for the Carabins helping the team reach the Vanier Cup last fall. In 2019, thes 25-year-old made 34 solo tackles and seven assisted tackles, on top making three interceptions, including one for a touchdown, which earned him an All-Canadian selection and an RSÃQ All-Star selection. He registered an impressive time of 4.35 seconds on the 40-yard dash during hi pro-day this fall.
"We are extremely happy to have selected Marc-Antoine with our first pick. Obviously he is a player I knew well with the Carabins and there is no doubt in my mind that he will have success at the professional level" said Alouettes General Manager Danny Maciocia.
With their second pick of the second round (16th overall) Montreal selected Queen's University defensive tackle Cameron Lawson, who was voted the OUA lineman of the year in 2019, on top of being voted a second team All-Canadian.
In the third round, with the 22nd pick of the evening, the Alouettes picked offensive lineman Carter O'Donnell from the University of Alberta Pandas, who was selected a first team All-Canadian last fall.
With the 25th pick, the Alouettes drafted defensive lineman Benoit Marion, also from the Carabins. He registered six sacks last season, the second highest total in his conference. He was then joined by his teammate, linebacker Brian Harelimana, the Alouettes fourth-round pick (33rd total).
In the sixth round, the team selected offensive lineman Andrew Becker from the University of Regina Rams 49th overall, as well as linebacker Jersey Henry from the University of Concordia Stingers with the 51st selection. The Alouettes then picked another Stinger making receiver Vincent Alessandrini the 60th player selected.
The Alouettes concluded the draft by selecting offensive lineman Brock Gowanlock from the University of Manitoba (66th) and running back Colton Klassen from the University of Saskatchewan Huskies (69th) in the eighth round.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from May 1, 2020
- LaChance Released - Edmonton Eskimos
- Blue Bombers Honour Frontline Workers with #HeroesForTheW Selections - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- RedBlacks Add 8 Prospects in 2020 CFL Draft - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Blue Bombers 2020 Draft Recap - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Stamps Select Nine Players in CFL Draft - Calgary Stampeders
- Riders Select Seven Prospects in 2020 CFL Draft - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Lions Make Early Trade Splash; Select Seven in CFL Draft - B.C. Lions
- Tiger-Cats Select Nine Players in 2020 CFL Draft - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Alouettes Select Five Players from the RSEQ - Montreal Alouettes
- Toronto Argonauts Unveil 2020 Draft Class - Toronto Argonauts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Montreal Alouettes Stories
- Alouettes to Walk against Racism and Police Brutality
- Alouettes Wish Best of Success to Marcel Bellefeuille
- Alouettes Add American Receiver Vinny Papale to the Roster
- Alouettes Select Five Players from the RSEQ
- Alouettes Select Marc-Antoine Dequoy with their First Pick