Albany Devils Today -- October 27, 2016
- TODAY'S STORYLINES
Playoff Foes Meet Again: Friday and Saturday's games between the Albany Devils and Toronto Marlies may not be as intense as last season's seven-game series, but regardless it is a can't-miss two-game set at Times Union Center. The Marlies ended the Devils' Calder Cup hopes during the final minutes of the final period of the final game of the North Division Final.
"That was by far the best hockey I've been a part of in my life," said Devils' forward Nick Lappin. "I think both teams were playing really well. It was hard. It was fast. It was competitive. It was the best hockey I've been part of. I really don't know what else to say about it. It was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, we came out on the wrong end of things. Hopefully, we can get some wins this weekend."
WATCH: The Rematch
VIDEO DOWNLOAD: Rick Kowalsky, Nick Lappin Interviews + Practice B-Roll
Off The Schneid: Lappin ended his five-game goal drought during the Devils' 3-1 loss at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Wednesday. Lappin set expectations high coming into this season after posting 14 points, including eight goals, in 23 regular season and postseason contests last season.
"If I'm not getting scoring chances and I'm not out there creating scoring chances that's when I get worried about my game," the 23-year-old said. "I felt like I was getting some of those chances and creating some offense. I just wasn't able to capitalize. I knew if I stuck with it, I knew I would eventually get one. Hopefully, now that I got one I can keep them coming."
READ: Lappin gets going ahead of Toronto weekend
Six In Nine: The Devils are currently in a stretch of six games in nine days. They are coming off a three-in-three weekend and a midweek game heading into this weekend's back-to-back set against Toronto.
"We have a steady schedule," Kowalsky said. "We were just talking about as a staff: in the past, we've sort of just eased into it. It can be good and bad. We get right back at it here."
READ: Devils' Notebook
- UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Friday: Morning skate at Times Union Center (10 am); Devils vs. Marlies (7:00 pm)
Saturday: Devils vs. Marlies (5:00 pm)
Monday: Practice at Knickerbacker Ice Arena (10 am)
Tuesday: Practice at Knickerbacker Ice Arena (10 am)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 27, 2016
- IceHogs Announce Plans for White Sox Fan Appreciation Day - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Hold on for 4-2 Win over Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Goaltender Jack Flinn Joins Ontario Reign - Ontario Reign
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Manitoba Moose Blomqvist Assigned to Tulsa - Manitoba Moose
- San Diego Gulls Announce Second Annual Salute to Heroes Ticket Program - San Diego Gulls
- Canucks Recall Mike Zalewski from the Comets - Utica Comets
- Albany Devils Today -- October 27, 2016 - Albany Devils
- B-Sens Recall Goaltender Scott Greenham from Wichita (ECHL) - Binghamton Senators
- Team Poster Giveaway Among Promotions For Upcoming Home Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Metrobus Park 'N Ride Service - St. John's IceCaps
- Ottawa Senators Recall Goaltender Chris Driedger - Binghamton Senators
- WILD ANNOUNCES GAELIC STORM CONCERT - Iowa Wild
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- San Diego Gulls Fall to Stockton Heat - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.