Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves
SAN DIEGO - The Anaheim Ducks announced today that the National Hockey League (NHL) club has reassigned defenseman Shea Theodore and left wing Emerson Etem to the San Diego Gulls, Anaheim's primary development affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL).
Theodore, 21 (8/3/95), collected one assist with a +2 rating and two penalty minutes (PIM) in three appearances with Anaheim following his recall from San Diego on Oct. 22. Since making his NHL debut last season, the 6-1, 194-pound defenseman has earned 3-69 points with a +9 rating and four PIM in 22 career NHL games. He returns to the Gulls having earned 0-22 points with a +2 rating in two AHL contests this season.
Selected by Anaheim in the first round (26th overall) of the 2013 NHL Draft, Theodore has scored 13-3750 points in 65 career AHL games with San Diego (2015-present) and Norfolk (2014-15). He was named the Western Hockey League's (WHL) Defenseman of the Year in 2014-15 and concluded his WHL career as Seattle's all-time leader in goals (58) and points (212) by a defenseman. Theodore also won gold with Team Canada at the 2015 IIHF World Junior Championship, scoring 1-12 points with a +12 rating in seven tournament games.
Etem, 24 (6/16/92), earned a +1 rating and two PIM with the Ducks this season after being claimed on waivers from Vancouver on Oct. 13, 2016. Etem began his career as the highest-drafted Southern California born-and-trained player in Ducks history after being selected by the team in the first round (29th overall) in the 2010 NHL Draft.
A native of Long Beach, CA, Etem owns 22-2446 points with 30 PIM in 173 career NHL games with Anaheim, the New York Rangers and Vancouver Canucks. The 6-1, 212-pound forward has also appeared in 119 career AHL games with Syracuse (2011-12) and Norfolk (2012-15), scoring 51-4192 points with a +13 rating and 26 PIM.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 27, 2016
- IceHogs Announce Plans for White Sox Fan Appreciation Day - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Hold on for 4-2 Win over Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Goaltender Jack Flinn Joins Ontario Reign - Ontario Reign
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Manitoba Moose Blomqvist Assigned to Tulsa - Manitoba Moose
- San Diego Gulls Announce Second Annual Salute to Heroes Ticket Program - San Diego Gulls
- Canucks Recall Mike Zalewski from the Comets - Utica Comets
- Albany Devils Today -- October 27, 2016 - Albany Devils
- B-Sens Recall Goaltender Scott Greenham from Wichita (ECHL) - Binghamton Senators
- Team Poster Giveaway Among Promotions For Upcoming Home Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Metrobus Park 'N Ride Service - St. John's IceCaps
- Ottawa Senators Recall Goaltender Chris Driedger - Binghamton Senators
- WILD ANNOUNCES GAELIC STORM CONCERT - Iowa Wild
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- San Diego Gulls Fall to Stockton Heat - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Diego Gulls Stories
- Irvine Ice Foundation Adds San Diego Jr. Gulls and Lady Gulls Hockey Programs
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Maxim Golod to Three-Year Entry-Level Contract
- Anaheim Ducks Sign De Leo, Welinski, Poturalski and Lettieri to One-Year Contracts
- Anaheim Ducks Select Six Players During Second Day of 2020 NHL Draft
- Anaheim Ducks Select Jamie Drysdale and Jacob Perrault in First Round of 2020 NHL Draft