IceHogs Announce Plans for White Sox Fan Appreciation Day
Rockford, Ill. - Calling all White Sox fans! The Rockford IceHogs announced today plans for Chicago White Sox Fan Appreciation Day in honor of the 2005 World Series Championship team on Sunday, Oct. 30 at the BMO Harris Bank Center.
Fans wearing White Sox apparel or memorabilia have the opportunity to purchase upper end zone tickets for $5.00 to cheer on the IceHogs when they take on the Milwaukee Admirals at 4 p.m. One lucky fan will win tickets to a 2017 White Sox opening weekend game.
"Baseball fever and excitement is definitely gripping this region right now with the success of the North Siders, but it's unfortunate that several national media outlets keep neglecting the accomplishments of the White Sox, specifically their 2005 World Series Championship when reflecting on recent major league sports titles in Chicago," said IceHogs Director of Business Operations Mike Peck. "With that in mind, we invite White Sox fans to Sunday's IceHogs game so they can escape the current baseball rhetoric, reflect on 2005 and enjoy some great hockey!"
Many White Sox themed activities will take place throughout the course of the IceHogs game including White Sox trivia, a Ken "Hawk" Harrelson impersonation contest and a home run derby contest during the first intermission on the ice. A White Sox season ticket holder will also drop the ceremonial first puck presented by Pita Pit.
The first 4,000 fans to the BMO Harris Bank Center will receive a magnet schedule compliments of Rise Broadband as well on Sunday. Fans are also invited to skate with IceHogs players following Sunday's contest with this season's first "Skate With The Hogs" immediately following the contest.
This weekend at the BMO...
Friday, Oct. 28, 2016 vs. Chicago Wolves Time: 7 p.m. at the BMO Harris Bank Center. Doors open at 6 p.m.
Bobblehead Election Giveaway: The first 2,500 fans in attendance will have their choice between a Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton bobblehead courtesy of Dental Dimensions. There are 1,250 of each bobblehead and the booblehead to run out first will be declared the "winner" of the election.
Blues Flame Lounge Pre-Game Party Presented by District Bar and Grill: Those 21-and-older can get their weekend started at the BMO at the Blues Flame Lounge Pre-Game Party presented by District Bar and Grill. Guests can take advantage of free appetizers, drink specials, and live music by Recently Paroled, starting at 5:15 p.m. Fans must have a game ticket and must enter through the upper-concourse level entrance on Elm St. near the box office.
Matchup: The IceHogs host Illinois Lottery Cup rival, the Chicago Wolves, for the first time of the 2016-17 season at the BMO Harris Bank Center. The IceHogs and Wolves met 12 times last year, with Rockford winning seven of the contests. In their last match up, the IceHogs defeated the Wolves 1-0 at Chicago on Mar. 30, with a late goal in the third by Ryan Haggerty with help from Vinnie Hinostroza and Ville Pokka.
Sunday, Oct. 30, 2016 vs. Milwaukee Admirals Time: 4 p.m. at the BMO Harris Bank Center.
Magnet Schedule Giveaway: The first 4,000 fans in attendance will receive a magnet schedule courtesy of Rise Broadband.
Skate with the Hogs: Fans are invited to skate with the IceHogs players following the game on Sunday. Skates will not be provided, however bags to hold skates and gear will be allowed to be brought into the arena, subject to being searched.
Matchup: The IceHogs take on the Milwaukee Admirals for the second time of the 2016-17 season after defeating the team in a 3-2 shootout victory the weekend prior at Rockford's home opener. Mark McNeill and Carl Dahlstrom helped the IceHogs secure a two goal lead over the Admirals that was followed up by goals from Monster's Felix Girard and Matt White to send the game into a scoreless overtime and shootout.
Tickets: Tickets can be purchased at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office or any Ticketmaster location, by phone (815 968-5222) or online at www.icehogs.com.
Broadcast: All games are broadcast locally live on WIFR's Justice Network on 23.3, and online through AHLLive.com. To listen to a free audio broadcast, tune in to WXRX.com or use the IceHogs app. Sunday's game can be heard on the radio by tuning in to Sports Fan 1330 AM. Also, follow along on Twitter (@goicehogs) for live updates throughout the game.
Clear Bag Policy: To provide a safer environment for fans and significantly expedite fan entry into the BMO Harris Bank Center, a clear bag policy is effective that will limit the size and types of bags that may be brought into the arena.
Fans are allowed to bring the following into the arena:
- Bags that are clear, plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12." - One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar) - Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap no larger than 4.5" x 6.5" are allowed into the arena with one of the clear plastic bags - Diaper bags will be permitted for families with infants and toddlers - An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at the entrances
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 27, 2016
- IceHogs Announce Plans for White Sox Fan Appreciation Day - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Hold on for 4-2 Win over Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Goaltender Jack Flinn Joins Ontario Reign - Ontario Reign
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Manitoba Moose Blomqvist Assigned to Tulsa - Manitoba Moose
- San Diego Gulls Announce Second Annual Salute to Heroes Ticket Program - San Diego Gulls
- Canucks Recall Mike Zalewski from the Comets - Utica Comets
- Albany Devils Today -- October 27, 2016 - Albany Devils
- B-Sens Recall Goaltender Scott Greenham from Wichita (ECHL) - Binghamton Senators
- Team Poster Giveaway Among Promotions For Upcoming Home Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Metrobus Park 'N Ride Service - St. John's IceCaps
- Ottawa Senators Recall Goaltender Chris Driedger - Binghamton Senators
- WILD ANNOUNCES GAELIC STORM CONCERT - Iowa Wild
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- San Diego Gulls Fall to Stockton Heat - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.