Admirals Drop 3-2 Decision to Iowa Wild
Milwaukee, WI--The Milwaukee Admirals weren't able to come back from a three-goal deficit created early in the game as they dropped a 3-2 decision to the Iowa Wild on Wednesday night at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.
Iowa Wild's Brett Bullmer made it a 1-0 game 6:46 into the first period during four-on-four play before Zack Phillips extended the Wild's lead to 2-0 off a power play opportunity a little under five minutes later
Just over two minutes later, Stephane Veilleux scored what would be the Wild's final, and turn out to be the game-winning, goal. Veilleux's power-play goal put the Admirals down 3-0 in what proved to be a challenge to come back from.
The Admirals had an early power-play opportunity just 22 seconds into the second period but couldn't come away with a goal. Miikka Salomaki, earning his 15 goal of the season, finally put the Ads on the board at 9:04 into the period. Assisted by Austin Watson and Scott Ford, Salomaki's shot from the goal line made it a 3-1 game.
The third period opened with more energy from the Ads. Joe Piskula blasted his third goal of the season at the eight minute mark from the blueline that snuck past Johan Gustafsson in net for the Wild. Calle Jarnkrok won the draw back to Piskula on the blue line who had a wide open lane to fire one away. Now a 3-2 game, the Ads were just one goal shy of tying it up.
A final opportunity to score on the Wild came with just under two minutes left in the game when the Admirals took to the power-play. Marek Mazanec was pulled from the net, giving the Ads a six-on-four advantage, but they couldn't get the equalizer and saw the four-game winning streak ended.
The Admirals are back at the BMO Harris Bradley Center on Friday, March 14 to begin a pair of games this weekend. The Ads will take on the Rockford IceHogs on Friday, and the San Antonio Rampage on Saturday.
Fans can order tickets by calling Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000 or by logging on to the Admirals website at www.milwaukeeadmirals.com.
Groups of ten or more receive a minimum of $2 off each ticket. For more information or to order group tickets fans should call (414) 227-0550.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 13, 2014
- Rampage Complete Season Sweep of Griffins with 2-1 Shootout Win - San Antonio Rampage
- Griffins Fall 2-1 in Shootout - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heeter, VandeVelde, Lamarche to Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Texas Stars Recall Center Taylor Vause from Idaho Steelheads - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Sundstrom Earns First NHL Recall - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Friday's Amerks Telecast Will be Carried on Time Warner Cable SportsChannel's Alternate Channels - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Don Unique St. Patrick's Day Jerseys for Charity - Chicago Wolves
- Weekend Preview: Games 62, 63 vs. Utica Comets - Abbotsford Heat
- Wild Assigns Matson and Jobke to Orlando - Iowa Wild
- Faith & Family Night this Friday - Binghamton Senators
- Newly Launched IceCaps Entertainment Announces NHL Exhibition Game Coming to Mile One - St. John's IceCaps
- Ducks Reassign Rakell to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Leblanc, Pateryn Join Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Hour on Tuesday - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Falcons to Recognize 'Buy Springfield Now' Initiative at Home Game Saturday - Springfield Falcons
- Phantoms Community and Promotions Update - Adirondack Phantoms
- Phantoms Weekly - 3 City Road-Swing - Adirondack Phantoms
- Admirals Drop 3-2 Decision to Iowa Wild - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.