Newly Launched IceCaps Entertainment Announces NHL Exhibition Game Coming to Mile One
Danny Williams and Glenn Stanford today launched IceCaps Entertainment, a division of the St. John's IceCaps organization. IceCaps Entertainment will source and promote a wide range of sporting and entertainment events, and announced today their debut event - a National Hockey League (NHL) exhibition game on September 22nd, 2014. The game will feature the Ottawa Senators versus the New York Islanders at Mile One Centre.
The IceCaps also announced that current three-year season ticket holders can now renew their seats for another three-year term; tickets must be renewed by April 3rd, 2014. Season ticket holders who renew their seats will also be able to take advantage of advance ticket sales for the NHL exhibition game. The Senators feature stars such as Jason Spezza and Erik Karlsson, as well as St. John's native Colin Greening. The Islanders are led by their captain, recent Canadian Olympian John Tavares.
Williams said that IceCaps season ticket holders are in a preferred position as they are assured "front of line" access (including advanced ticket sales) to not only the NHL game but for all future IceCaps Entertainment events.
"The IceCaps will be back for another exciting season of AHL hockey next year and hopefully for years to come," said Danny Williams, President and CEO of the St. John's IceCaps. "Our organization remains optimistic that we will secure a new NHL partnership, and as such we are moving ahead with season ticket renewals to ensure fans don't miss out on any of the action. Our fans are renowned as some of the best in the league and have shown tremendous support from day one and I have every confidence our season ticket base will remain solid. We made a commitment to attract additional entertainment and sporting events to the province, and this NHL game will be the first of hopefully many exciting opportunities under the IceCaps Entertainment banner."
Glenn Stanford, Governor and COO of the IceCaps, says IceCaps Entertainment is a platform not only to bring world-class events to the province, but also to reward loyal season ticket holders.
"We said last winter that we wanted to bring other sports and entertainment events to St. John's as part of the IceCaps brand," said Stanford. "We've been working hard behind the scenes to deliver on that promise and we expect to announce further events in the coming months. Our fans are second to none and we have every confidence they will be excited about the addition of new entertainment opportunities, in addition to IceCaps hockey."
Tickets for the 2014-15 season range from $18, $25 to $28 per game, while pricing for 2015-16 and 2016-17 has yet to be determined. Current season ticket holders have until April 3rd to reserve their seats for the next three seasons. Fans can either pay in full or sign on for a four-month payment plan, which commences June 1st. Fans are required to make a deposit of $100 per seat to reserve season tickets for the second and third years of the term.
Those who are not currently season ticket holders but wish to purchase a three-year commitment will also have until April 3rd to place a deposit of $150 for the three-year season ticket package. These individuals will also have the option to purchase tickets for the upcoming 2013-14 playoffs starting at noon Wednesday, March 19th. Additionally, they will be eligible to avail of upcoming IceCaps Entertainment opportunities. Seat selection for the new season ticket holders will commence when the renewal process is completed.
Tickets for the NHL exhibition game will be $100 plus taxes and surcharges and are currently available only to season ticket holders who renew or new season ticket holders. Additional ticket sales for that game will be announced in the coming weeks.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 13, 2014
- Rampage Complete Season Sweep of Griffins with 2-1 Shootout Win - San Antonio Rampage
- Griffins Fall 2-1 in Shootout - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heeter, VandeVelde, Lamarche to Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Texas Stars Recall Center Taylor Vause from Idaho Steelheads - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Sundstrom Earns First NHL Recall - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Friday's Amerks Telecast Will be Carried on Time Warner Cable SportsChannel's Alternate Channels - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Don Unique St. Patrick's Day Jerseys for Charity - Chicago Wolves
- Weekend Preview: Games 62, 63 vs. Utica Comets - Abbotsford Heat
- Wild Assigns Matson and Jobke to Orlando - Iowa Wild
- Faith & Family Night this Friday - Binghamton Senators
- Newly Launched IceCaps Entertainment Announces NHL Exhibition Game Coming to Mile One - St. John's IceCaps
- Ducks Reassign Rakell to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Leblanc, Pateryn Join Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Hour on Tuesday - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Falcons to Recognize 'Buy Springfield Now' Initiative at Home Game Saturday - Springfield Falcons
- Phantoms Community and Promotions Update - Adirondack Phantoms
- Phantoms Weekly - 3 City Road-Swing - Adirondack Phantoms
- Admirals Drop 3-2 Decision to Iowa Wild - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.