Wild Assigns Matson and Jobke to Orlando
Des Moines, IA - Iowa Wild General Manager Jim Mill announced on Thursday the American Hockey League (AHL) club has assigned forward Taylor Matson and defenseman Colton Jobke to the Orlando Solar Bears, Iowa's ECHL affiliate.
Matson returns to Orlando after his most recent stint with Iowa. The 6-foot, 185-pound forward has played in 32 games with the Iowa Wild during the 2013-14 season, recording five points (3-25) and 12 penalty minutes (PIM). In 24 games with the Solar Bears, the Mound, Minnesota native has 31 points with the club (13g-18a31) and a plus-15 rating.
A first-year pro, Jobke is scoreless in 11 games for the Wild this season. He returns from Orlando, where he played in 35 games for the Solar Bears, scoring two goals and adding four assists for six points.
The team returns home on Sunday, Mar. 16 at 5:05 p.m. to host San Antonio. The first 2,500 fans to the game receive a Jason Zucker bobblehead, compliments of Krist Insurance Services. Fans may purchase the Subway Family Four Pack for Sunday's game, which includes: four hot dogs, four sodas and four tickets, starting at $44. Fans may stick around after the game for a postgame skate on the ice at Wells Fargo Arena. Also, after the game, four Iowa Wild players will be signing autographs at Buzzard Billy's for approximately 90 minutes. Sunday's game marks the beginning of a six-game homestand, which includes visits from Texas (3/19), Grand Rapids (3/21 and 3/22), as well as Charlotte (3/25 and 3/26).
Fans may purchase single game tickets multiple ways, either through the team's website - www.Iowawild.com, Wells Fargo Arena box office or Dahl's Ticketing. Tickets are available online at www.iowawild.com under the single game tickets tab. Fans may also purchase tickets by calling 1-866-55-DAHLS (32457) or by visiting one of 13 Dahl's Food Stores locations in the greater Des Moines area, and in Ames. In order to purchase group tickets (10 or more), please call the Iowa Wild ticketing department at 515-564-8700. Fans interested in buying full season, or smaller season packages may call the Iowa Wild front office at 515-564-8700.
The Iowa Wild regular season is presented by Mercy Medical Center. Season tickets to see the Wild play at Wells Fargo Arena start at just $9 per game. For more information on tickets, please contact the Wild ticket office by calling 515-564-8700 or go to www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 13, 2014
- Rampage Complete Season Sweep of Griffins with 2-1 Shootout Win - San Antonio Rampage
- Griffins Fall 2-1 in Shootout - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heeter, VandeVelde, Lamarche to Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Texas Stars Recall Center Taylor Vause from Idaho Steelheads - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Sundstrom Earns First NHL Recall - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Friday's Amerks Telecast Will be Carried on Time Warner Cable SportsChannel's Alternate Channels - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Don Unique St. Patrick's Day Jerseys for Charity - Chicago Wolves
- Weekend Preview: Games 62, 63 vs. Utica Comets - Abbotsford Heat
- Wild Assigns Matson and Jobke to Orlando - Iowa Wild
- Faith & Family Night this Friday - Binghamton Senators
- Newly Launched IceCaps Entertainment Announces NHL Exhibition Game Coming to Mile One - St. John's IceCaps
- Ducks Reassign Rakell to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Leblanc, Pateryn Join Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Hour on Tuesday - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Falcons to Recognize 'Buy Springfield Now' Initiative at Home Game Saturday - Springfield Falcons
- Phantoms Community and Promotions Update - Adirondack Phantoms
- Phantoms Weekly - 3 City Road-Swing - Adirondack Phantoms
- Admirals Drop 3-2 Decision to Iowa Wild - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wild Stories
- Minnesota Wild Signs Forward Mitchell Chaffee to Two-Year, Entry-Level Contract
- Minnesota Wild Signs Forwards Adam Beckman and Damien Giroux to Entry-Level Contracts
- Iowa Wild Announces COVID-19 Community Relief Campaign with Food Bank of Iowa
- Minnesota Wild Reassigns Defenseman Matt Bartkowski to Iowa
- Iowa Wild Statement Regarding Today's AHL Announcement